UKC

Japan Skiing Hokkaido near Asahikawa

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 JuneBob 27 Sep 2012
I'm skiing in Japan next year for a couple of weeks; Got 6 days in Niseko, 3 days around Otaro and would like to spend 3 days in the Asahikawa area, maybe skiing at Asahidake and Kurodake.

Anyone been there?

Particularly keen on recommendations for where to stay that isn't too expensive, and ideas for where to ski; We'll have a car for the Otaro & Asahikawa party of the trip.

I'll ski pretty much anything.

Cheers!
Bobz 27 Sep 2012
In reply to JuneBob: i was in Niseko a few years ago - it was amazing. snow 5 - 6 meters high at the sides of the road!
We stayed in a great guest house near number 8 bus stop - cant remember name - there for 10 days and different eggs every day for breakfast!
Dont know anything about the other areas, but Niseko has great wide long runs and was very quiet, even the parks were pretty much clear - found a great minibus jump! get to the top of the lift system, and then hike up a bit for extra powder!
i think we just googled accommodation, but hunt around as prices varied a lot, place we stayed was like an old farm house, but was amazing - picked us up from town at 2am, sorted ski hire and lift passes too before we arrived.
sorry i cant help more, but i am desperate to go back, was the best skiing i have done.
OP JuneBob 27 Sep 2012
In reply to Bobz:
Sweet! Thanks for that.
 Henry Iddon 27 Sep 2012
In reply to JuneBob:

Check out Sweetgrass film Signatures for inspiration!!! ( If you haven't already)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...