UKC

campsites on portland

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
dandansky7 27 Sep 2012
Hi All
Does anyone know any good n cheap campsites with caravans on portland for a charity climbing group, thinking of heading there at the end of oct and some of us arent fancying canvas at that time of year.
thanks
dan
 Owen W-G 27 Sep 2012
In reply to dandansky7:

There's the caravan park opposite the Cuttings, but they ain't cheap.

YMCA or the other hostel for you
 razzorbuzz 27 Sep 2012
In reply to dandansky7: As fair as i'm aware since the the pub by the Cuttings closed (The Mermaid I think)there is no where to camp on the island except in the grounds of the YHA, check out http://www.portlandbunkhouse.com/ its the place we use now days and Gary is a great bloke and its great to have a good nights sleep
 Adam Perrett 27 Sep 2012
In reply to razzorbuzz: The YMCA just off Easton Square looks nice and has cooking facilities. I think it has a Gym too but not 100% sure...Also, The George pub up the road is good for food and real beers and ales.
Helen Heanes 28 Sep 2012
In reply to dandansky7:

The YHA in Fortuneswell has some camping, but you need to book with them first
 Simon Preuss 28 Sep 2012
In reply to dandansky7:
I've been to the Glen Caravan Park (opposite the cuttings) with my Uni club on a couple of weekend trips.
They managed to negotiate a pretty decent price based on filling a couple of pretty old caravans (possibly 1970s based on decor and disused gas light fittings).

Give them a ring and explain your group needs, see what they can do.
 silhouette 28 Sep 2012
In reply to Adam Perrett:
> ...Also, The George pub up the road is good for food and real beers and ales.

.. and good bands on a Saturday night

GaryLee 29 Sep 2012
Dan,
Give me a call or drop an email (details on the website) depending on how many of you there are I am sure we can get you in the warm.
http://www.portlandbunkhouse.com/contact.html

Gary
dandansky7 29 Sep 2012
In reply to dandansky7: thanks all for the help,
Dan

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...