UKC

Single glove replacement

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Alan.T 01 Oct 2012
Has anybody had any success replacing single gloves when a single one is lost? I think I probably know the answer already but just thought I'd ask before shelling out hard earned cash on a new pair. I lost a mountain equipment Randonee glove in the Alps this year after little use at a cost of around £50 which is very frustrating. I've emailed mountain equipment but had no reply, I guess lost single gloves helps them sell more pairs.
Removed User 01 Oct 2012
In reply to Alan.T: The secret is to buy cheap gloves...
 Alex Slipchuk 01 Oct 2012
In reply to Alan.T: my girlfriend at the time, now wife lost a flip flop between the rocks in a bay. I told her to check a website called "repairthepair.com" i thought it was worth a try?
 nniff 01 Oct 2012
In reply to Alan.T:

The decent thing to do is to throw the other one after the one you dropped - that way at least somebody has a chance of getting a pair of gloves, even if it's not you.

Alternatively, buy Dachsteins.
OP Alan.T 01 Oct 2012
A flip flop? Even tighter than me, they must only be a fiver a pair, got yourself a good one there, not surprised you married her. I didn't think about throwing the other one off for somebody else to find, a good excuse for going back next year to try and reunite the pair. Already have mitts but like to have gloves also, would buy cheap ones if I could find any warm enough. Thanks anyway.
 Pete Dangerous 01 Oct 2012
Don't you have them on a bit of elastic that goes through your sleeves???
 gali 02 Oct 2012
In reply to Alan.T: I've got the following if any one has the other to match -
North Face E tip glove - left hand
Outdoor designs polartec glove - left hand
Burton AK strtch glove - left hand
 gear boy 02 Oct 2012
In reply to Alan.T: ME in the past have been a bit hit and miss on emails

one of their guys, Rich, posts on here, try contacting him throught he forum http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/profile.php?id=141775
 L.A. 02 Oct 2012
In reply to gear boy: Hes going to love you for that
 gear boy 02 Oct 2012
In reply to L.A.: his profile is Rich@ME, surely he will not mind, hope your are well
 L.A. 02 Oct 2012
In reply to gear boy: What a giveaway )
 thin bob 02 Oct 2012
In reply to Alan.T:
buy another pair and you'll have a spare.

it'd be daft for anyone to sell single gloves (unless they were chainmail or chainsaw ones or something). Can you imagine all the space they'd take up in the warehouse?
 deepstar 02 Oct 2012
In reply to Alan.T: Don`t give up! I lost a glove skiing in the Jura last year,I thought I had dropped it getting into the car at the end of the days skiing but it turned up 5 days later by a bus stop in Geneva where I had stopped to clear ice off the car window!
 Richard Baynes 02 Oct 2012
I think it's time for my fabulous new business: the GloveMatch.com website, uniting lonely gloves across the globe with other halves which match: for every left glove lost, there's probably a right one goes, and for evey one found ... well, you get the picture. If I charge a quid for every pair that is re-united or made up afresh, I'll make.. oh, £2.50 ... But how long before Russian glove-forgers on the make get wind of it and start posting alluring picture of attractive gloves to snare the unwary and desperate?
 L.A. 02 Oct 2012
In reply to Richard Baynes: Ve haf lonely gloves from Ukrainian ladies Buy nowski
http://static.zoovy.com/img/greatlookz/-/glove_3glay1430red
 Richard Baynes 02 Oct 2012
In reply to L.A.: Christ my sealskins need a cold shower after that ...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...