UKC

Looking for a group of elite boulderers (7a & higher) for study

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Hi I'm Russ,

My aim is to do an ethnographic study on an elite group of boulderers in the Peak District area. The idea is that i will personally hang out and climb with your group whether it be at your favourate boulder sport on grit or limestone or even at the works.
I will hopefully get some video footage of all of your climbing styles and will undertake a few interviews. There will also be the odd questionnaire for you to fill in.
I myself am a keen climber so hopefully it will be a good way for me to meet new friends and have a climb. It's not all work!!

(I must state though that I am certainly not a 7a climber, sorry)

I'd be super grateful for this to go ahead so please get in touch if you think it'd be a laugh. I'll give you all the video footage and buy you all a few beers in return.

There, unfortunately will be a disclaimer for all the people I study to sign and hope that's cool.

Thanks and hope to get a few responses.

Russ.
pasbury 02 Oct 2012
In reply to RusseyB:

I think you may be better off asking on the other channel if you haven't already.
 Sam Dewhurst 02 Oct 2012
In reply to RusseyB: Hi. May be able to help but based a little further north (Kendal), am often in the peak however. Pm me the details if I can be of help,

Sam.
 Ally Smith 02 Oct 2012
In reply to RusseyB:

i think you need to re-define what you think is an elite level of bouldering.

If you mean Eng 7a then you're spot on.

Font 7A on the otherhand is a warm-up for someone in the elite level.

Even Font 8A isn't "elite" IMHO
m0l0t0v 02 Oct 2012
In reply to ally smith:

It's all in the eye of the beholder!

If I'm around I'll happily do it, but I'm based down south near the big smoke... But I am aiming to be up there a lot more...
 Fluvial 02 Oct 2012
In reply to RusseyB:

I can I just hang around for the beers
 trouserburp 02 Oct 2012
In reply to ally smith:
> (In reply to RusseyB)
>
> i think you need to re-define what you think is an elite level of bouldering.
> > Even Font 8A isn't "elite" IMHO

Sounds like you are "in"!

Ally Smith 03 Oct 2012
In reply to trouserburp:

The fact i think 8A is attainable for me, whilst being weak as the proverbial kitten (albeit a dodgy cave link-up) would certainly point to it not being an elite level.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...