UKC

what rope to buy

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Jordon Fleming 02 Oct 2012
Im looking for a sport climbing rope, it has to be able to take a bit of abuse, 60 meter, run smothly through a gri gri and handle good and i have a budget of about £140 ! any recomendations would be awesome

I have found a dmm prodigy 9.8 which is taking my fancy atm but i am curious what other ropes people go for.
 AmandaJury 02 Oct 2012
In reply to Jordon Fleming: one that doesn't snap is always useful
 SimonMarcYoung 02 Oct 2012
In reply to Jordon Fleming: i hear those blue ones people make rope swings out of are good for leading with, years of use plus you can get them for free down your local river
 gg4419 02 Oct 2012
In reply to Jordon Fleming:

Beal Joker or Stinger? Careful which Grigri you use with them.
 stonemaster 02 Oct 2012
In reply to Jordon Fleming: Mammut Galaxy Superdry 60m X 10mm, £144 at Go Outdoors. Good luck.
do one simon and was looking at the joker but i want a rope which will take a bit more abuse. and was looking at the galaxy aswell, any personal reviews of the galaxy ?
 Gambit 02 Oct 2012
In reply to Jordon Fleming: Got a galaxy, great workhorse rope. Can get a bit stiff with use. Mine has benifited from a recent wash. Have a lighter one, theoretically great for long pitches but the last time I did a long 30ish meter pitch with it I remember looking at it on a few occasions and thinking "that looks a bit thin!"

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...