UKC

David Hooper

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Andy Mountains 10 Oct 2012
I was wondering how he is doing? I am not a personal friend but more of an acquaintance. I'm aware that some of you on here are close to him.

If you are listening David, lots of love to you & Liz.
 Yanis Nayu 10 Oct 2012
In reply to Andy Mountains: I had precisely the same thought yesterday.
 Timmd 10 Oct 2012
In reply to Andy Mountains:

I was thinking he'd been quiet on here reacently. Could be he's busy making the most of things while he can.
 gethin_allen 10 Oct 2012
Hopefully he's out enjoying that very nice road bike he got recently.
In reply to gethin_allen:
> (In reply to Andy Mountains)
> Hopefully he's out enjoying that very nice road bike he got recently.

andyathome 10 Oct 2012

I heard today that he is not at all well.

And if that is the case I am very sad.

Truly nice guy and my love goes to him.

AND wishes for a recovery - we need him pottering around out there, embarrassing old crusty that he might be
 Banned User 77 10 Oct 2012
In reply to andyathome: Yeah, I keep an eye on his face book and gathered he wasn't well. He hasn't updated for a while. Truly lovely guy always has time for a chat and advice.
 Puppythedog 10 Oct 2012
In reply to Andy Mountains: Myself and MrsTheDog are sending positive thoughts and wishes like we did back when he asked us too.
 toad 10 Oct 2012
In reply to andyathome: Oh crap. I know he's a big believer in positive vibes, so, FWIW he can have mine. He's always been a bit of a forum hero of mine
Jimbo W 10 Oct 2012

Positive vibes, love, thoughts and prayers go out to David
 shaggypops 10 Oct 2012
In reply to puppythedog: lots of them +vibes and thoughts leaving Devon right about now and heading David's way
 Caralynh 10 Oct 2012
In reply to shaggypops:

I'm not on Facebook and haven't been here regularly for a while, but have spoken with David in the past, and wish him and his family all the best. Love and prayers xxxx
 Ridge 10 Oct 2012
In reply to toad:
> (In reply to andyathome) Oh crap. I know he's a big believer in positive vibes, so, FWIW he can have mine. He's always been a bit of a forum hero of mine

+1.
 Padraig 10 Oct 2012
In reply to IainRUK:

I'm sending positive vibes as well.
In reply to Padraig:

More positive thoughts from this end...
 bouldery bits 10 Oct 2012

Positive thinking coming from Deepest Darkest Wiltshire.
johnj 10 Oct 2012
In reply to bouldery bits:

David, peace strength and love big man from your extended family in Monk Bretton Barnsley xxx
 thin bob 10 Oct 2012
I only know him though here & as a friend of a friend... consensus is he's a curmudgeon..but a top one and a top geezer.

If you're reading, David, all the best. I'm not religeous, but i'd agree a deal to keep you well.
 Simon 10 Oct 2012
In reply to IainRUK:
> (In reply to andyathome) Yeah, I keep an eye on his face book and gathered he wasn't well. He hasn't updated for a while. Truly lovely guy always has time for a chat and advice.

The last I saw was Liz informed us that he had been moved to Marie Curiae and so probably isn't too good at the moment.

He is getting plenty of rest and hopefully all the positive vibes we are sending will give both himself and Liz strength to keep battling.

Si
In reply to thin bob:

Whether we believe in prayer or not, what is important is that the 'extended family' of UKC lets David know that we are thinking of him, and willing for him in all our different ways.
 thin bob 10 Oct 2012
In reply to Gordon Stainforth:

well said.
 deepsoup 10 Oct 2012
In reply to no_more_scotch_eggs:
> More positive thoughts from this end...

And from this end...
 Rob Exile Ward 10 Oct 2012
In reply to Gordon Stainforth: Indeed.
 Postmanpat 10 Oct 2012

Very sorry to hear this. I had been wondering. All my best very wishes and thoughts to him.
 SimonCRMC 10 Oct 2012
In reply to deepsoup:

And from this end - prayers, positive thoughts, good vibes - whatever you most need David.
Simon
 Dom Whillans 10 Oct 2012
David and Liz have been absolute stars to me over the last year. I'm due to catch up with Liz tomorrow and will pass on all the good vibes from here. Please send all your positive thoughts to them both, they both believe in the power of positivity...
 Mooncat 10 Oct 2012
In reply to Dom Whillans:

Add my thoughts and positive vibes if you see Liz and Dave.
 waterbaby 10 Oct 2012

David, I hope you are comfortable and pain free with all your love ones close. I hope that Marie Curie is proving much more relaxing and supportive than the hospital.

I send you my thoughts and love, to you and Liz x
 birdie num num 10 Oct 2012
David Hooper. One of the bravest blokes Num Num has ever had a cup of tea with.
 Styx 10 Oct 2012
All the best David!
 bluebealach 10 Oct 2012
In reply to Andy Mountains: David, positive thoughts worked last time and more of the same being sent now. All the best mate, thinking about you and stay strong. BB
 wilkie14c 10 Oct 2012
In reply to Andy Mountains: David, keep fightin dude
 hokkyokusei 10 Oct 2012
In reply to bouldery bits:

>
> Positive thinking coming from Deepest Darkest Wiltshire.

... and from Yorkshire.
 Milesy 11 Oct 2012
In reply to hokkyokusei:

And from me.
Removed User 11 Oct 2012

Please pass on my positive thoughts.
 ben b 11 Oct 2012
In reply to Andy Mountains: From the other side of the world there are hopes of peace and comfort heading your way, David (& Liz, of course).

It's been great having you around, keeping us real, and reminding us of the basic, human values of decency. We are honoured to have you.

All the very best, fella

Ben
 upordown 11 Oct 2012

Please parcel up some good vibes from me, for David and Liz :0)
 Trangia 11 Oct 2012

Positive vibes to you David.
 Ava Adore 11 Oct 2012

A kind man who sent me good information quite out of the blue. So out of the blue I sent my positive vibes with everyone else's and wish that they would do the trick.
 beardy mike 11 Oct 2012
In reply to Andy Mountains: me too Mr Hooper. Keep on trucking!
 Greenbanks 11 Oct 2012

Best wishes David

Greenbanks
 Sam Mayfield 11 Oct 2012
In reply to Greenbanks:

Healing energy from all the Oranges in Spain

xx
 mypyrex 11 Oct 2012
David, I will spin a prayer wheel for you on the Annapurna Circuit. Namaste.
 Helen R 11 Oct 2012

Adding my wishes for comfort and strength and sending more positive thoughts from over this side of the world for David and Liz. David has made these forums a better place.
 Steve John B 11 Oct 2012
In reply to Andy Mountains: Sending positive thoughts David.
 Denni 11 Oct 2012
In reply to Steve John B:

Just another wee bump of love for probably the nicest chap on UKC.
Have sent him a wee message on the delights of facebook as well from everyone.
mountainmadness 11 Oct 2012

David and Liz, we don't know each other but that doesn't matter, it's the power of positive thinking that helps get you through the shite. So please accept my (and his indoors) thoughts, hopes and wishes for a recovery from this damned illness.

Take care brother (and sister) xx
 alj 11 Oct 2012
More positive vibes from the Peak. Take care and stay strong xx
 Al Evans 11 Oct 2012
In reply to alj: All the very best hopes and wishes fron Denia.
Al
 TobyA 11 Oct 2012
In reply to Andy Mountains: Best wishes to David for things to look up. Come on Dave! All those lovely bikes aren't going to ride themselves!
 Frank4short 11 Oct 2012
In reply to Andy Mountains: As per everyone else on the thread best wishes Dave and hope you make a speedy recovery.
 Tom Hutton 11 Oct 2012
In reply to Andy Mountains: I've already spoken to Liz via FB but would like to add a bit more positivity to this thread. Thinking of you both. And Dave's definitely a hero of mine...
 The Ivanator 11 Oct 2012
In reply to Andy Mountains: Never met with David, but always loved his maverick presence on these Forums. Comes across as a guy with real integrity. Hope he's reading and picking up on the positive energy that is being sent his way.
Big hugs David and Liz

Grumps
x
Frogger 11 Oct 2012

My thoughts are with you David, wishing you all the best
 Offwidth 11 Oct 2012
In reply to The Ivanator:

I alaways saw him as clear and level headed in his views and honest; if that's viewed as maverick as a climber it's a bit sad (but you may mean something else than I do by maverick I guess and in comparison with joe public).

Great guy, even felt that when I actually met him in the flesh without realising his UKC persona. On here I've really enjoyed talking to him on threads and even the odd off-the-air posts when he was trying to help some folk with problems. Lovely bloke and I wish him all the best, we need more people like him.
In reply to Andy Mountains: I did my SPA assesment with David. he's a top bloke and doesn't deserve the terrible illness that blights him.

I'm sending healing thoughts from the deepest part of my heart.

keep fighting David.
 Dax H 11 Oct 2012
In reply to Andy Mountains: Keep fighting old lad. It's not your time yet.
 The Ivanator 11 Oct 2012
In reply to Offwidth: I was thinking more of David's apparently left leaning politics, rather than any maverick climbing opinions, where I agree he is a font of level headed advice.
Anyway his strongly held convictions of what is wrong and right in the world have always struck a chord with me - this planet needs more David Hoopers!

Offwidth 11 Oct 2012

Left leaning politics are maverick now? If so we definititly need more David Hoopers!
 Skyfall 11 Oct 2012
All the best David - my positive vibes go out to you, the voice of reason on UKC (it needs you back).
 mypyrex 11 Oct 2012
In reply to The Ivanator & Offwidth: I think we ought to keep politics out of this.
andyathome 11 Oct 2012
In reply to mypyrex:
> (In reply to The Ivanator & Offwidth) I think we ought to keep politics out of this.

Alternatively we can all give Dave a good giggle about the relevance of his politics right now.

Personally I always though he should have a damn good haircut.

A nice UKC spat on this thread would probably give him a right good laugh.

He DOES know how to laugh at absurdity and has seldom been po-faced in all the time I've known him.
 Big Steve 11 Oct 2012

Like many people on here I have never met David, and probably never will have the privilege. I still send him my best wishes from Turkey
 pneame 11 Oct 2012
> Anyway his strongly held convictions of what is wrong and right in the world have always struck a chord with me - this planet needs more David Hoopers!

It does. I never realized he was a lefty......

But I did notice that it had been a bit quieter than I'd like. Good vibes beaming from the center of capitalism.

Haven't posted in a long long time but as others have said, David always comes across as one of the nicest blokes on here.
Positivity from 'sunny' bristol.
 Stevie A 11 Oct 2012
Best wishes David.
crow-media 11 Oct 2012

I hope D's friend Julie won't mind me lifting this moving vid from Dave's FB page...featuring the man himself. Inspiring stuff !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=UhVeb-4tmd4#!

JohnA
andyathome 11 Oct 2012
In reply to crow-media:
A well put together vid ( by Ray Wood ) that shows a little of what Dave is about.

He really cared deeply and thought through all the issues that arose from that course.

He was just the right guy! Looking forward to him starting to do courses again!
 Mal Grey 11 Oct 2012

David is one of the folk on here who's posts are always worth heeding. I wish him all the best, keep fightin' mate.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...