UKC

5D Mk IV?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
I may have a bit of a payout coming up in Nov. The wife, who's a real sweetheart, says I can get a new picturebox out of it. I'm currently using a Canon 450D, as I'd prefer to stay with Canon, I fancy a 5D.

But.

They are already up to MkIII on the 5D. Is it worth getting one, or should I wait half a year to see what/if a new model they bring out?
cap'nChino 13 Oct 2012
In reply to stroppygob: The 5d iii will do everything you need it to do. As will the mk i and mkii. When the iv comes out you'll only be wAiting for th v. And so on.
 shaun walby 13 Oct 2012
In reply to stroppygob:
The 5d3 although without doubt a superb bit of kit was IMHO incorrectly priced, it's primary improvement over the 5d2 was the autofocus points and when all the singing and dancing was done nothing significantly more than that...and for what nearly £3000...not for me I got the d2 fully aware the d3 was on the way

For the price you can pick one up for now the 5d2 takes some beating. I think there is a growing number of toggers refusing to get caught up in the marketing hype from the major manufacturers, the trick is to spot the " significant advances" these come along a lot less frequently the the magazine adverts/ marketing men would have us believe.

As the grand master once said...the most important part of any camera is the 12 inches behind it.

badwabbit 13 Oct 2012
There won't be a 5D4 for a good two to three years... if you want it, get the 5D3 now, it's only been out a short time, and it's a great camera.
 DreadyCraig 13 Oct 2012
In reply to stroppygob:
Wait until next year, the 6D is being released, it is aimed halfway between the 7d and 5d. Their cheapest full frame camera so far
In reply to stroppygob: Best price I can get on a 5D III is AU $2,895.97 or 1,844 quid. (Body only.)

I may bite eh bullet and take a punt.
 london_huddy 13 Oct 2012
In reply to stroppygob:

Having gone from a 7D and, when needed, hired 1Ds, the 5D3 is a superb camera. The first climbing shots with it are pending in my gallery but after several weddings and some studio work, it's not going to be the camera which holds me back now.
In reply to stroppygob: Cheers mate.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...