UKC

Cool ice climbing vids

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 ColdWill 13 Oct 2012
Anyone got any links to good vids (ice climbing) like these;

youtube.com/watch?v=sfqmslsIcSw&

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkjSYEc5lUs&feature=related
 TobyA 13 Oct 2012
vimeo.com/38740657

And just a delicate, tricky looking pillar: vimeo.com/38740657
 Wee Davie 13 Oct 2012
In reply to TobyA:

Looked like quite a serious lead up to the cam? Good effort.
 cliff shasby 13 Oct 2012
In reply to ColdWill: i quite like this one...
vimeo.com/40879468
 Wee Davie 13 Oct 2012
In reply to cliff shasby:

That was excellent! Cheers
 CM 13 Oct 2012
In reply to RBK: I quite liked this as I have often felt scared like this guy though the circumstances at the end are much different to mine...

youtube.com/watch?v=4IyHbOXIsDg&
 tim000 13 Oct 2012
skarabrae 13 Oct 2012
In reply to ColdWill: i really like this one, mainly because a great xavier rudd track kicks in at 2.15

youtube.com/watch?v=k8v6J-FtnnU&
OP ColdWill 14 Oct 2012
In reply to TobyA: Ohh Toby that made my palms sweat for some reason, probably because I hadn't seen it before.

How about this classic, Kammerlander on MM;
youtube.com/watch?v=zfw7pq-KqGg&
OP ColdWill 14 Oct 2012
In reply to ColdWill: This Lad just doesn't want to make the move round the corner;
youtube.com/watch?v=IEyhO13H-eU&
 DanielJ 14 Oct 2012
In reply to ColdWill: Besides petzls videos the video with Brad Heller climbing and falling of Palenville Coronary WI6, M7 trad, is the coolest and wildest footage Ive seen. Good soundtrack as well. Cant find it on the web now but maybe someone downloaded it?
OP ColdWill 14 Oct 2012
In reply to DanielJ: I was looking for it as well. Can't seem to find nit either.
OP ColdWill 14 Oct 2012
In reply to DanielJ: def one the best vids simply for the out there climbing. Looks like it was taken down for some reason.
 TobyA 14 Oct 2012
In reply to Wee Davie: Yeah, I think quite a few Finnish ice routes are sort of the ice equivalent of gritstone - tricky straight off the ground and your doing 'proper' climbing at whatever level that is for you before you can get any gear in!
 TobyA 14 Oct 2012
vimeo.com/38324774 it's the narrow ice pillar I was talking about.
OP ColdWill 14 Oct 2012
In reply to DanielJ: In fact he seem to have received a fair bit stick for that video I guess from people who have never climbed anything Ike that.
 Taurig 14 Oct 2012
In reply to ColdWill:

Always like this one: vimeo.com/15610382
 Jim Walton 14 Oct 2012
In reply to ColdWill: I think Alun hughes made a film of Welsh winter Climbing in the 80's. Tut Braithwaite in the Lead Role I think.
I've never seen it but I'd like to.
 abcdefg 14 Oct 2012
In reply to Jim Walton:

The British footage from that period which I remember included a sequence of Eric Jones and Ron Fawcett climbing a frozen waterfall somewhere in Switzerland.

Ron was using a pair of reverse-curved Clog axes (I forget the exact name of the model) and, whilst he was leading off on a fairly-sketchy section, Eric commented something like: 'keep climbing like that Ron, and you're going to die'!
OP ColdWill 14 Oct 2012
In reply to Taurig: yes, Big Drip. Good film. Same guy on the Dru here curtesy of Mr Griffith;

http://www.alpineexposures.com/blogs/chamonix-conditions/5943553-dru-north-...
 iksander 14 Oct 2012
In reply to ColdWill: pillar collapse yikes youtube.com/watch?v=P-f7S0YS4Dc&
OP ColdWill 15 Oct 2012
In reply to iksander: always wanted to see the full version of that.
In reply to ColdWill: not Ice, but Dry tooling, so it kinda counts?

vimeo.com/46112726
 TobyA 15 Oct 2012
vimeo.com/49380323 it's a bit weird and different but short and fun!
Jarkko 15 Oct 2012
In reply to ColdWill:

My favorite youtube.com/watch?v=zfw7pq-KqGg&

enjoy!
 iksander 15 Oct 2012
 frqnt 15 Oct 2012
In reply to iksander:
> Repentance & Remission solo?

^^Called up earlier.

Petzl Québec Ice trip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ac1OdpZYaQ0&feature=g-hist
Répentance super, Cogne: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfqmslsIcSw&feature=g-hist
In reply to ColdWill:

Love this one.

http://goo.gl/OcWI
OP ColdWill 16 Oct 2012
In reply to Punter S Thompson: not strictly what were after there
OP ColdWill 16 Oct 2012
In reply to TobyA: Excellent
cb294 16 Oct 2012
In reply to cmaradcliffe:

Nice,

I especially like the poster´s comment under the video,

CB
 tim000 16 Oct 2012
 Wee Davie 17 Oct 2012
In reply:

Has anyone got a link or a source for the Scottish Winter film 'Hot Aches' (not the film company of the same name btw)? I didn't see it when it came out and heard rumours it was good.
 TobyA 17 Oct 2012
In reply to Wee Davie: Was that the one done by Nick Thingymajig from the GUM club in the late 90s? If so, it was available for sale at least at one point. I saw it but I think one of my Glasgow mates had a copy. It that's the one, I can enquire if any of me fellow ex GUM clubbers has a copy.
 Wee Davie 18 Oct 2012
In reply to TobyA:

I think it was Kev Neal who made it- not sure if Nick Thingymajig was involved or not. Would be keen to see it if it was online somewhere. Cheers
OP ColdWill 19 Oct 2012
In reply to TobyA: Nick Tarmey (sp) - Living For The Weekend
 Wee Davie 19 Oct 2012
In reply to ColdWill:

So where can you see it?
OP ColdWill 20 Oct 2012
In reply to Wee Davie: think it's gone the same way as the Brad Heller film. It was about 40 minutes I think and I'm not sure if it was ever on the net. There were a few good Scotish climbing scenes and some classic conditions caught on film which definitely gave an authentic feel to it. You don't seem to get that so much on the cut and polished stuff you get now. Don't know anybody with a copy fraid.
OP ColdWill 20 Oct 2012
In reply to ColdWill: forgot about this one;

vimeo.com/7852681
 iksander 26 Oct 2012
In reply to ColdWill: Ryan Nelson mixed solo, don't what the route is but it looks nails youtube.com/watch?v=IEyhO13H-eU&
 frqnt 26 Oct 2012
In reply to ColdWill:
Random vimeo collection: http://vimeo.com/channels/158358
OP ColdWill 27 Oct 2012
In reply to frqnt: you found the mother load.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...