UKC

Cheap Mountain BIke Options

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 JamButty 13 Oct 2012
I'm far from an expert on MB's, I haven't got one at the moment and need one for an event in March.
Looking at second hand <£300, so can anyone point me in the right direction as to good options.
Ebays full of them but I don't really know where to start.

Ta
 neil the weak 13 Oct 2012
In reply to JamButty: What's the event? £300 is not much budget to buy a bike for actual mountainbiking these days I'm afraid (even secondhand). What will it have to do?

ChrisJD 13 Oct 2012
In reply to neil the weak:

I'd disagaree - there are some bargains to be had on eBay in £200 - £300 price range.

Completed listings:

ebay.co.uk/csc/Bikes-/33503/i.html?_udlo=199&Gender%252F%2520Age=Men%2527s&LH_ItemCondition=3000&Wheel%2520Size=26%2520inches&_from=R40&Type=Mountain%2520Bike&_dmpt=UK_Bikes_GL&_mPrRngCbx=1&_udhi=301&_nkw=bike&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc

add the www. to get link to work
geologist 13 Oct 2012
In reply to JamButty:

Try going on Singletrackworld website, and posting on the classified's

Should get something from there.

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/forum/classifieds
 sleavesley 13 Oct 2012
In reply to JamButty: gt avalanche 1 on wiggle £400 instead of £800. Deore group set. Brand new and in your size!
 stewart murray 13 Oct 2012
In reply to JamButty: The forks are often a limiting factor on budget bikes as decent forks alone cost upwards of £200. I wouldn't spend money on anything with Suntour XTC, RST or Rockshox Dart forks. Decent ones to look for are the a Suntour Epicon, Suntour Raidon and Rockshox Tora or Recon. Rockshox XC30 are OK.

The cheapest decent bikes from new are Vodoo Hoodoo, Boardman and some of Halfords Carerra range, so chances are one of these would be good value secondhand. Try doing an ebay search and see if you can find one locally so you can have a look at it and try it for size. (As all are sold by Halfords you could nip in there and try out for size).
 George Fisher 13 Oct 2012
In reply to JamButty:

I have a Cove Stiffee in the garage that has to go. It needs a couple of bits to complete it but I can sort those. It's got a Fox float forks, mix of Raceface and shimano kit, hope discs on hope wheels. Well used but well maintained. All decent kit. Was thinking of about £350 maybe a bit less for it.

It's a med would suit someone between 5'7" and six foot.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...