UKC

COMP: Win Pop & Go Knickers, Revolutionary Travel Underwear

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Articles 17 Oct 2012
PopandGo, 4 kbPop & Go Knickers are cotton knickers you can change without having to remove trousers and shoes. In this competition you can win some Pop & Go Knickers.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/page.php?id=4965
 Niall 17 Oct 2012
In reply to UKC Articles:

A solution looking for a problem perhaps?
 GrahamD 17 Oct 2012
In reply to Niall:

A bit eye watering thinking about dragging used ones off.
 Reach>Talent 17 Oct 2012
Revolutionary removable underwear for people who can't do knots would be more accurate description. For persons gifted with opposable thumbs an alternative has been on the market for a very long time
In reply to Reach>Talent:
> (In reply to UKC Articles)
> Revolutionary removable underwear for people who can't do knots would be more accurate description.

Agreed - but much more importantly for the experts on UKC what is the most appropriate knot for this critical application.

I suggest double fisherman's.

winhill 17 Oct 2012
In reply to tom_in_edinburgh:
> (In reply to mkean)
> [...]
>
> Agreed - but much more importantly for the experts on UKC what is the most appropriate knot for this critical application.
>
> I suggest double fisherman's.

Munter?

Crotch hitch?
 Roberttaylor 17 Oct 2012
In reply to UKC Articles: I hope I win a pair for my goose.
 Jim Walton 17 Oct 2012
In reply to winhill: Any knot as long as it doesn't involve a "bight"....
 Yanis Nayu 17 Oct 2012
In reply to GrahamD:
> (In reply to Niall)
>
> A bit eye watering thinking about dragging used ones off.

Shit smears across your hip, or wrenched bollocks?
 Tall Clare 17 Oct 2012
In reply to Submit to Gravity:

But women don't have testicles!
 Andy Hardy 17 Oct 2012

What kind of travel* requires the ability to change knickers without removing trousers?

*other than the revolutionary sort

Yanis Nayu 17 Oct 2012
In reply to Tall Clare:
> (In reply to Submit to Gravity)
>
> But women don't have testicles!

The lying....
 MJ 17 Oct 2012

They only come in black or white, being Revolutionary Travel Underwear, shouldn't they be red?
PopandGoKnickers 17 Oct 2012
In reply to 999thAndy:
It's so funny to read how men just don't get it
Women don't worry Pop&Go Knickers will be available at Joe Brown Climbing Store from February.
 freerangecat 17 Oct 2012
In reply to PopandGoKnickers:

I'm not a man and I don't get it...
 ChrisJD 17 Oct 2012

So clearly not tried the 5 day emergency rotation then: forward, backward, inside out forward, inside out backward, commando....
 The Pylon King 17 Oct 2012

I want some.
 Yanis Nayu 17 Oct 2012
In reply to PopandGoKnickers: Whoever is modelling them has got a gorgeous belly.
 tspoon1981 17 Oct 2012
In reply to UKC Articles: Just saw this and said to the other half "there's some pants you might be interested in" her response "ones that I can wee in?"
 jon 17 Oct 2012
In reply to Mr Mark Stephen Davies:

Just be careful with the hook Mark.
 Andy Hardy 17 Oct 2012
Will you be producing a range of conical hats with quick release chin straps for men?
Good luck with the business
 MJ 17 Oct 2012

Is it true that the male range is going to be called: Plop & Goo?
What Goes Up 17 Oct 2012
In reply to UKC Articles: Please, please take this idea onto Dragons' Den. I would love to watch that episode!
 Michael Hood 17 Oct 2012
In reply to Mr Mark Stephen Davies: I think the phrase they use "Designed for female travelers and outdoor enthusiasts" means that the outdoor enthusiasts should be female as well as the travelers.

Sorry to disappoint
Wonko The Sane 17 Oct 2012
In reply to Michael Hood:
> (In reply to Mr Mark Stephen Davies) I think the phrase they use "Designed for female travelers and outdoor enthusiasts" means that the outdoor enthusiasts should be female as well as the travelers.
>
> Sorry to disappoint

We live in an equal society! If I want to wear easy pop off knickers, I will.
 The Pylon King 17 Oct 2012
In reply to Michael Hood:
> (In reply to Mr Mark Stephen Davies) I think the phrase they use "Designed for female travelers and outdoor enthusiasts" means that the outdoor enthusiasts should be female as well as the travelers.
>
> Sorry to disappoint

I don't want to wear them you fool!
 biscuit 17 Oct 2012

I need to know more. But i don't know why :0)

I can see how they will be easy to get off but how do you easily get a pair back on ? You will have to shove your hands down your pants and feed the material through to the back end and then shove your hands down the back of your pants to pull it through. A bit like trying to feed a sling through an awkward thread.

I would prefer to be caught in the act of changing my thunderpants than be caught with a hand down the front and back of my pants crouching down and gurning.

Pop and go, if we don't get it please explain ?
 MJ 17 Oct 2012
In reply to biscuit:

A bit like trying to feed a sling through an awkward thread.

Think Abalakov...
 biscuit 17 Oct 2012
In reply to MJ:
> (In reply to biscuit)
>
> A bit like trying to feed a sling through an awkward thread.
>
> Think Abalakov...

Ha ha ! I was wondering how long it would take someone to pick up on that. It wasn't done on purpose but when i re-read it i saw it and thought it was a contender for punnage.
In reply to UKC Articles: I think I get it if you are say a shy woman sharing in a mixed bunkhouse needs to change - this could be an option to help avoid quedge shots.

I think this is actually practical for some women.
 biscuit 17 Oct 2012
In reply to grumpybearpantsclimbinggoat:

What's wrong with the old wrap a towel round yourself like your Mum used to do at the beach ?
 Richard Wilson 17 Oct 2012
In reply to biscuit:

> I can see how they will be easy to get off but how do you easily get a pair back on ?

Simple, clip the new pair to the old pair & as you remove one you are installing the other.
 Richard Wilson 17 Oct 2012
In reply to Richard Wilson:
> (In reply to biscuit)
>
> [...]
>
>
> Simple, clip the new pair to the old pair & as you remove one you are installing the other.

Oddly thats not how the sellers are saying to do it.
In reply to biscuit: Nothing, but there is much more security with the pop and go knickers.

Bon effort for the peeps that have brought these to market. I wish them every success.

Reach>Talent 17 Oct 2012
But surely there is an easier solution. Try a google image search for "tie sided thong" if you don't believe me, they even do them for men.*

*Actually while the first page is pretty work safe I wouldn't really recommend it
In reply to Reach>Talent: Look at this way;

Burberry have been making waterproof coats for a long time.

Why did North Face, Berghaus etc bother as a product existed already?
 deepsoup 17 Oct 2012
Semi-serious suggestion: have you thought about marketing them to bondage enthusiasts? I imagine nice knickers that can be taken off someone after they're all tied up could turn out to be quite popular.
FiendishMcButton 18 Oct 2012

I'd be more impressed with socks you can change without removing your boots.
 Ramblin dave 18 Oct 2012
> (In reply to UKC Articles) I think I get it if you are say a shy woman sharing in a mixed bunkhouse needs to change - this could be an option to help avoid quedge shots.

Fair point. Towel option not withstanding.

But it does seem a bit like life imitating Zoolander:
youtube.com/watch?v=3zavgk2_BJs&
 freerangecat 18 Oct 2012
> (In reply to UKC Articles) I think I get it if you are say a shy woman sharing in a mixed bunkhouse needs to change - this could be an option to help avoid quedge shots.
>

They look like the level of fumbling required would be... somewhat awkward though, particularly in 'public'. I can see where you're coming from, but i was in the situation you described at the weekend and just got changed in the loo - much easier.
Jamming Dodger 18 Oct 2012
In reply to Niall:
>
> A solution looking for a problem perhaps?

Absolutely bang on; im female and I dont get the point in these... I feel like im missing something... Isnt this what panty liners are for?
(Sorry to destroy the magic, guys.)
 freerangecat 18 Oct 2012
In reply to Jamming Dodger:

I just had a thought, after writing my last post and going for a shower, that if you'd just had a shower ir been swimming then they might be handy, particularly with wet grotty feet from campsite showers, but that's the only time I would consider using them, and I wouldnt be putting them on after my trousers.
In reply to freerangecat: How would that be different from wearing normal knickers?
 freerangecat 18 Oct 2012

Just slightly easier/more pleasant than putting wet possibly muddy feet through the holes of normal undies.I've already put 2 or 3 posts on here saying tthat I dpn't see the point of these, and I still don't, it just occured to me that they could potentially have a slight benefit in that situation! I felt slightly bad for slating them so much too...
 Clarence 18 Oct 2012
In reply to Submit to Gravity:
> (In reply to PopandGoKnickers) Whoever is modelling them has got a gorgeous belly.

Thanks, I'm pretty good at tucking it all behind me as well...
 joan cooper 18 Oct 2012
In reply to UKC Articles: I won a pair of the jubilo specs so if Im lucky enough to win a pair of these knicks Ill let you know how I get on !
 ripper 18 Oct 2012
In reply to joan cooper: just make sure you don't get 'em mixed up....
 GrahamD 18 Oct 2012
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKC and UKH:

Its the step 2 I find a bit disconcerting !
 jon 18 Oct 2012
In reply to GrahamD:
> (In reply to Mick Ryan - UKC and UKH)
>
> Its the step 2 I find a bit disconcerting !

I thought 3 and 6!
 jonnie3430 18 Oct 2012

Not many entries then!!?
•Long-haul flights - Id not site on a flight and stuff my hands down my trousers.
•Long bus and train journeys- see above
•Hiking, rambling and trekking- see above
•Camping- where youd probably want to change your muddy pants before getting in a tent anyway.
•Muddy Festivals- see above
•After sports- same trousers but clean knickers? Really?
•Dance classes- see above
•Gym- ever had deja vu?
•Heading straight from the office to a night out- where most people would change their outfit anyway.
•Sandy Beaches (and sandy feet!)- See point 1 and 2
 wilkie14c 18 Oct 2012
"Designed for female travelers" - pop&go is a crap name, they should be called pikey-pants. I didn't realise that changing their pants in a caravan was so troublesome.
 Wingnut 18 Oct 2012
In reply to freerangecat:
>>They look like the level of fumbling required would be... somewhat awkward though, particularly in 'public'.

Yes, quite! If I got caught in the middle of one of the club hut dormitories fumbling around with my hands down my trousers, the mickey-taking would never stop!
(As opposed to being spotted with my trousers off, which is fairly normal in that normal sleeping attire is t-shirt and keks.)
 freerangecat 18 Oct 2012
In reply to Wingnut:

Exactly!

I'm going to enter this now though, as it would be interesting to win them and see if they were actually any use, given how sceptical we are (I wonder if they want a review! )
Wiley Coyote2 18 Oct 2012
> (In reply to Wingnut)

>
it would be interesting to win them and see if they were actually any use,

The first Mrs C had something similar but with bits of silk ribbon insead of plastic clips. Dunno if they any 'use' but they were a lot of fun
PopandGoKnickers 23 Oct 2012
In reply to FiendishMcButton: good one!
In reply to Jamming Dodger: Panty liners do half the job of Pop&Go Knickers. You can only change "part" of the knicker so if you have been trekking for hours and you feel sweaty, changing panty liner won't help.

Also panty liners aren't comfy and aren't hygienic (especially if you spend long hours outdoor, exercising...etc...).
In reply to freerangecat: That's right. Or sandy feet on the beach, trying to aim through the leg hole.
In reply to jon: In 3 and 6 it's a little cotton carry pouch so you can keep a fresh pair in your backpack/handbag....
 Puppythedog 23 Oct 2012
In reply to PopandGoKnickers: Aren't hygeinic? they are designed to eb hygeinic? I think the product looks interesting but the suggestion they are more hygeinic is baffling.
The idea is more to change in a toilet cubicle, not in public. In moving transport, without Pop&Go Knickers, you would have to get fully undressed, dropping trousers on dirty floors and trying to balance, standing on your shoes to avoid stepping on the floor. Awkward. Especially if it's hot (India...) and maybe there is no lock on the cubicle...

These are common situations when travelling/backpacking....
In reply to puppythedog: unhygienic is not the correct word indeed. Frequent use of panty liners isn't advised though, increases risk of infections...

"Wearing tight-fitting clothing, such as tights, or using panty-liners, may increase your risk of developing thrush. However, the evidence to support this is still uncertain."
http://www.channel4embarrassingillnesses.com/men-in-white-coats/thrush/caus...

+ if the underwear is sweaty (exercising...) then changing the panty liner won't turn the knickers fully dry, only part of it

Tall Clare 23 Oct 2012

If you're that sweaty from exercise then surely whatever you've worn over the knickers, and your top half, will also be sweaty.

They do seem like an intriguing concept but I think they'd be more usefully targeted at people who struggle to put on normal underwear, for instance people who've broken legs, have mobility issues that require use of a wheelchair, etc.
Jamming Dodger 28 Oct 2012
In reply to PopandGoKnickers: Im really sorry to keep p*ssing on your parade but im still not convinced. Panty liners are designed (as mentioned) to be hygienic and be changed during the day. To suggest they cause thrush based loosely on insubstantiated evidence as a selling point for knickers is just silly.
I personally wouldnt want to be toting around dirty knickers in my handbag (even if they do come in a nice little purse). The very idea of this is... grim.
In addition, cotton knickers are more likely to cause thrush if used for exercise cause they dont wick moisture and therefore chafe. Just saying...
Good luck with your sales though.
 martinph78 28 Oct 2012
In reply to UKC Articles: Having travelled with females in India and Peru I was amazed how often they felt the need to change their underwear. I can definiately see how these would be helpful for them. Trying to change on sleeper trains etc is a nighmare for a woman.

Whilst I don't see all of the suggested uses as practical I do think that they will have their uses for sure.

Makes me glad I'm a guy though

Robert Durran 28 Oct 2012
In reply to jon:
> I thought 3 and 6!

Precisely; why is she putting them in her chalk bag?
And stages 1, 2, 4 and 5 don't exactly seeem to be preserving her modesty. Anyone doing that in public could pull quite a crowd.

Jamming Dodger 28 Oct 2012
In reply to Martin1978: Hey, theres a mans version in the pipeline:
http://lingeriexox.com/419.html

martinph78 28 Oct 2012
In reply to Jamming Dodger: I've already go one in black. Not comfortable for travelling. Fine when you know it'll only be on for a few minutes though ;p
 Mike_Gannon 29 Oct 2012
Heading straight from the office to a night out

I once walked into the bathroom in our office to find one of the guys sitting in the sink washing his balls before a night out with his new girlfriend. If a male version of these are out there I'll fill his draw to make sure I never see that again.
 mikeyratty 29 Oct 2012
In reply to UKC Articles: I'm thinking one them handy nut extractor/broddlers has been used between 3 and 4.
 peas65 29 Oct 2012

I am not convinced either, being female and travelling quite a bit. Surely you just get changed when in a suitable situation and otherwise wait till the next suitable situation to change again. Even on a 26hr bus ride i have never felt the need for this product. At £17.99 it is extremely expensive and i can imagine that the attachment is uncomfortable when seated.

If you want to send me some i will trial them and then maybe i will see the virtue of them. Otherwise i could buy 20 pairs of pants for the same amount of money.

Design some ladies winter trousers for climbing with a inconspicuous drop seat and then i really will be interested.

Good luck though i think you may need it.
Removed User 29 Oct 2012
In reply to UKC Articles: I'm getting some to go with my Pilko Pump Pants
 John2 29 Oct 2012
In reply to jon: Do women not wear skirts any more?
 Dave 88 30 Oct 2012

Surely if you're in that much of a state that underwear must be changed immediately, then an undercarriage wash is also required? In which case you're not really solving the problem by simply changing your undies.
In reply to peas65:
>
> If you want to send me some i will trial them and then maybe i will see the virtue of them. Otherwise i could buy 20 pairs of pants for the same amount of money.

So rather than enter the competition to win a pair and if you don't then nothing is lost you suggest they send you a pack of them instead?

trish1968 05 Nov 2012
In reply to UKC Articles: Yihoo!!!! I won
 freerangecat 05 Nov 2012
In reply to trish1968:

Me too I'm looking forward to trying them out and seeing if I find them as useful as the company think they are.

Cat
 trish1968 05 Nov 2012
> (In reply to trish1968)
>
> Me too I'm looking forward to trying them out and seeing if I find them as useful as the company think they are.
>
> Cat

Yep I can see them being useful when I'm travelling more than when I'm out on the hill.
We shall see.

cha1n 05 Nov 2012
In reply to What Goes Up:
> (In reply to UKC Articles) Please, please take this idea onto Dragons' Den. I would love to watch that episode!

They would pop the idea apart I reckon...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...