UKC

Too much time up everest to get into vet school?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Got a job rob 17 Oct 2012
As it was reported by the bbc (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-18199899) Leanna Shuttleworth had a place to study vet at nottingham uni. Well she has not started the course, maybe she should have spent more time at school and less time in everest!
 dunc56 17 Oct 2012
In reply to Got a job rob: Does she sell double glazing ?
 Timmd 17 Oct 2012
In reply to Got a job rob:She'll probably get somewhere good with that amount of determination though!
OP Got a job rob 17 Oct 2012
In reply to Timmd: i know what she is doing but I am not going to post it, its her life and i wont give the info out.
 Timmd 17 Oct 2012
In reply to Got a job rob: Fair do's.
 alooker 17 Oct 2012
In reply to Got a job rob: broken link, for me at least.
 thebrookster 17 Oct 2012
In reply to alooker: Right click the link, select open in new tab. Once it has opened and come up with the error, click to the end of the address and delete the ")/" at the end, then press enter. Should go to the story then.

The forum has misunderstood the post, and added the closing bracket to the address hence the error.
 alooker 17 Oct 2012
In reply to thebrookster: for someone who works with computers I can't believe I didn't see that...
 gethin_allen 17 Oct 2012
In reply to Got a job rob:
> (In reply to Timmd) i know what she is doing but I am not going to post it, its her life and i wont give the info out.

I can't see the point of you starting this thread, it's a 'I know something you don't but I'm not going to tell you' type affair. If you were so bothered about protecting someone's privacy by not divulging personal information then why did you start the thread?

Also, Who gives a sh!t about what some random person is doing with their life?
 toad 17 Oct 2012
In reply to gethin_allen:
> (In reply to Got a job rob)
> [...]
>
> I can't see the point of you starting this thread,

^this
Cthulhu 17 Oct 2012
> [...]
>
> I can't see the point of you starting this thread, it's a 'I know something you don't but I'm not going to tell you' type affair. If you were so bothered about protecting someone's privacy by not divulging personal information then why did you start the thread?
>
> Also, Who gives a sh!t about what some random person is doing with their life?

Nail on head!
 Yanis Nayu 17 Oct 2012
> [...]
>
> I can't see the point of you starting this thread, it's a 'I know something you don't but I'm not going to tell you' type affair. If you were so bothered about protecting someone's privacy by not divulging personal information then why did you start the thread?
>
> Also, Who gives a sh!t about what some random person is doing with their life?

I'd started to wonder if it was just me...
 Timmd 17 Oct 2012
In reply to Submit to Gravity:I decided it wasn't that important, it's not the first inconsequential thread on here.

Not worth a grumble I reckon.
OP Got a job rob 17 Oct 2012
In reply to all: I don't mind mocking people, I mind invading their privacy.
 Timmd 17 Oct 2012

No worries. ()
 timjones 18 Oct 2012
> (In reply to all) I don't mind mocking people, I mind invading their privacy.

Don't delude yourself, your first post was an invasion of privacy!
Wonko The Sane 18 Oct 2012
> (In reply to all) I don't mind mocking people, I mind invading their privacy.

You are SO right. A 19 year old girl who just went up Everest is indeed a figure of fun, isn't she?

I'm sure a person like this will make her way in the world even if she's missed a course start date.
OP Got a job rob 18 Oct 2012
In reply to Wonko The Sane: No a 19 year old who walked passed a man in need and went on to summit instead of helping him and he was dead when she came back down. Then does not get into her intended uni course, i find sum sort of poetic justice in, then i mock!
 Trangia 18 Oct 2012
In reply to Got a job rob

I don't understand the point of this thread the link won't open.
 Neil Williams 18 Oct 2012
In reply to Trangia:

Take the bracket off and it will.

FWIW, I don't like to judge on these. High up on a mountain like that is a very dangerous place to be. Not having been in that position I can't really decide if not stopping to be with someone dying is like not stopping to be with someone dying in a burning building, if you see what I mean.

It's easier to moralise than to work out what you would do in that situation if actually there.

Neil
 galpinos 18 Oct 2012
In reply to Neil Williams:

> FWIW, I don't like to judge on these. High up on a mountain like that is a very dangerous place to be. Not having been in that position I can't really decide if not stopping to be with someone dying is like not stopping to be with someone dying in a burning building, if you see what I mean.

Not stopping to help someone when on your way down, tired and cold, is one thing. Not stopping to help on the way up to the summit is something else. I'd like to think I'd stop and attempt to help in both scenarios but having never been there, I've no idea how I'd react/what I'd do.

galpinos 18 Oct 2012
In reply to Neil Williams:

Just for clarification

My previous post was meant to be a general comment. I've no knowledge of the girl in the broken link so, despite it looking like I was, I was not passing judgemnet on her.
 Trangia 18 Oct 2012

I couldn't go on up leaving someone dying. If you've got the energy to go on up, then you must have some reserves to try and do something for them, even if it's just sitting with them to try and give some warmth and comfort, but to leave another human being to die alone whilst you press on to fulfill your dream must make your "achievement" seem a very hollow one.
 John Ww 18 Oct 2012
In reply to Trangia:

Despite the comments of a certain Mr A Hinkes, who may be slightly more experienced than most of us in this field?
In reply to galpinos:

Fair enough.
In reply to galpinos:

"Not stopping to help someone when on your way down, tired and cold, is one thing. Not stopping to help on the way up to the summit is something else. I'd like to think I'd stop and attempt to help in both scenarios but having never been there, I've no idea how I'd react/what I'd do."

This is the problem, I guess. Nor have I, so I won't criticise, though I indeed see that the two situations are different.

Neil
In reply to John Ww: it happened twice this summer.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-18204231
In reply to Neil Williams: any one who questions if its possible should talk to Beck Weathers, I bet he would have liked some one to help him. youtube.com/watch?v=Bgqc2m7aBzs&
 Ridge 18 Oct 2012
Are you going for the 'World's most inept cyber-bully and stalker' title or something?
In reply to Ridge: thank you. yes. that is the aim.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...