UKC

Mallorca scramble/ walks?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Russell Lovett 18 Oct 2012
Of to Mallorca early next year will be taking my rock shoes and chalk bag hoping to bum a route or to off other climbers at the crags but was wondering if anyone had any surgestions for any realy good ridge walks, that include a bit of scrambling or exposer and good views. Already have the ridge (forget the name) that lies above the bouque valley and overlooks the sea, on my list of things to do, so any other surgestions would be apreciated. I will be based in Alcudia will be traveling alone and have the use of a car so traveling to diffrent areas is not a problem. P.S. Lead E1 and happily solo VS so don't be to concerned about pointing me in the direction of a hard scramble.
Wiley Coyote2 18 Oct 2012
In reply to Russell Lovett:

Exact oposite of a ridge but the Pareis Gorge is a good day out
 Trangia 18 Oct 2012
In reply to Wiley Coyote:
> (In reply to Russell Lovett)
>
> Exact oposite of a ridge but the Pareis Gorge is a good day out

+1 I've done it several times. Without a car at each end it's a long day, but possible to do both ways in a day. Weather dependant and to be avoided if there is any likelyhood of thunderstorms as it flash floods. Depending on water levels you may have to swim some sections, but I've also done it without getting my feet wet.

Also the Cavall Bernat Ridge is probably one of the best ridge scrambles in Europe. Very exposed but at the grades you quote you should be OK soloing it.

In reply to Trangia: Cavel B ridge that's the one I have penciled in. Parise gorge sounds good like the idea of maybe having to wade or swim some of it. Will have to give it a google.
 John H Bull 18 Oct 2012
In reply to Trangia:
+2 for Pareis. Was completely dry last time I did it. Easy enough to hitch back up if you get to the bottom before 4-5pm.

Good rocky ridge walk: Sa Rateta to L'Ofre from the Cuber reservoir. Best views on the island.

Good scrambles: Galatzo from the east ridge (weave your way up gullies to the summit); and from Sant Elm (way over on the west coast) up the ridge above Sa Trapa to pt 492 of Ses Basses.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...