UKC

Novice climber looking for partner to learn in/near BIRMINGHAM

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
blairbear 18 Oct 2012
Hi UKC members! As mentioned in the title im looking for someone to learn to climb with. Im a rope access tech currently but looking to get into climbing as a sport and not a career. I have about 700h ours on the ropes, i realise not all techniques are transferable but i'm very willing to learn. Keen for outdoor indoor - whatever and whenever, i have a LOT of time off Please reply to this or email me! Cheers
 dsgarner 19 Oct 2012
In reply to blairbear: There are a couple of indoor climbing walls in Birmingham that should be ale to help. I know Redpoint should be able to put you in touch with other people keen to learn. Also, If you go to Redpoint on a Wednesday evening, there are a couple of clabs that meet up there that should be able to help
Muriel 19 Oct 2012
In reply to blairbear:
Hey try the Birmingham Bouldering Centre on Water Street, B3 1HL.
I know its only bouldering, but I am a regular climber on the ropes, but have been visiting the Birmingham Bouldering Centre and have improved my technique loads, the guys that run the centre are climbers and are very knowledgeable on all aspects of climbing, and they give you help where needed. I have met up with some new climbing partners. Its great.
Muriel
 Jonny2vests 19 Oct 2012
In reply to blairbear:

You could try posting in Lifts $ Partners.
blairbear 19 Oct 2012
Thanks for the replies, going to get myself down to Redpoint or the boulder centre and get stuck in, will put this post on the lifts and partners page too
blairbear 22 Oct 2012
I went to the Birmingham Bouldering Centre yesterday with my girlfriend's brother, it was great and the guys who ran the place were really helpful! Im going again tonight to get stuck in! Just cant get enough!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...