UKC

Photos on UKC linked to the wrong crag

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
August West 20 Oct 2012
In reply to Furthur:

Now corrected those two.

Several people receive the photos@ukclimbing.com email including me, and I can't one from you on this topic. It is the correct email to communicate this sort of thing though.

Alan
August West 20 Oct 2012
In reply to Alan James - Rockfax:

Well done Alan. Thanks for your swift action.

(Emails were sent using the contact form on 24th June and 15th Oct.)
In reply to Furthur:

That email definitely didn't get through however that isn't unheard of for emails sent from web forms which are far more susceptible to being spam filtered.

The linking of photos is a process that gets done when people upload the photos - we force people to link them to a crag in the database (in certain categories). This is because if we didn't do that, then many wouldn't bother.

The end result is that we have many more photos correctly linked, but some incorrectly linked when people make mistakes or just choose any old crag during the upload process in order to get their photo through the system.

These mistakes aren't usually noticed by volunteer photo moderators since they appear to be linked when being verified and it simply isn't possible to double check that the photo is linked to the correct crag - we get over 100 photos a day. Hence, if you look, you will find many incorrectly linked photos.

If you do find them then a comment on the photo is probably a better way of correcting it since that will send an email to the photo owner who can then reassign by editing the photo details themselves.

Your message was useful in that you pointed out the correct crag. Most reports we get like this just say ,"that isn't such-and-such crag" and not say which crag it is, which is then a big effort for Mark Glaister or myself (the people who received photos@ukc... emails) to correct.

Cheers

Alan

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...