UKC

5x4 camera for sale - of interest to film folk?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Tall Clare 22 Oct 2012
Hello film fans,

My friend is selling a 5x4 camera (and a Devere 504 enlarger) if anyone's interested. See link: http://photo-stuff-for-sale.posterous.com/

I know people occasionally mention wanting to get into medium format so thought I'd share.
 Sean Kelly 22 Oct 2012
In reply to Tall Clare: Hey, that's very similar to the camera I first started learning on, over 45 years ago. Fantastic definition and clarity with the right lens, but not brilliant for lugging up the hill... Can I really be bothered with the hassle of mixing chemicals etc. I just love PS as it doesn't go off or smell! One of the reasons why I sold my Hasselblad.
 Tom Last 22 Oct 2012
In reply to Sean Kelly:
> Can I really be bothered with the hassle of mixing chemicals etc. I just love PS as it doesn't go off or smell! One of the reasons why I sold my Hasselblad.

True that, but then there's sharp, then really sharp then there's large format. I have a MPP, love to say I used it, but I don't.

Sean Bell 22 Oct 2012
In reply to Tall Clare: That is a very lovely thing right there and if I had the spare cash I would invest.

I miss my MPP sometimes, its still nice to look at all those 5x4 trannies on the lightbox from time to time though, often with a wee tear in my eye, memories of when life was less fast, less demanding, less digital.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...