UKC

N Wales single pitch E1 suggestions

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 jezb1 22 Oct 2012
Have some time off next week with my girlfriend and looking for some E1 suggestions where it's straightforward for me to ab off the top after to collect gear - she will be on belay duty and not climbing much.

Anywhere in N Wales really.
 Jon Stewart 22 Oct 2012
In reply to jezb1:

Breaking the Barrier at Holyhead Mountain is excellent, accessible and hassle free. Just next door you've got an excellen HVS and an excellent E2, both strenuous cracks in contrast to BTB. They could all be E1 really, a great trio.
 hedgehog77 22 Oct 2012
In reply to jezb1: Pale shelter on orme, chain lower offs.
 Kevster 22 Oct 2012
In reply to jezb1:

Slate? Often has lower offs/bolts. Also has some interesting stuff to stroll around, AND you don't have to take a massive rack, so can carry the ropes - for which a single is also enough for many routes.

If you have 60m's and want a divorce from the missus due to the approach in, cemetry gates/cenotaph corner both can be done in one and have tat - when I did last anyway.

Or an adventurous scramble for your lady? Big route, easy climb?

Failing that - others will have more info.

HappyTrundler 22 Oct 2012
In reply to jezb1:

It's The Strand for you mate, lowest end E2 5b, more E1, plenty of gear, easy abb off, Hard Rock route....enough said....
OP jezb1 22 Oct 2012
In reply to jezb1: Pale Shelter's a good shout. Will try and get on that.

Done Breaking the Barrier - enjoyed it.

Cemetary gates is on my list, but will save that for a day with a "regular" partner.

I have a star of a girlfriend who will patiently belay for hour upon hour! We sometimes get out on long easy stuff but she isn't a keen climber.
 Cake 22 Oct 2012
In reply to Kevster:
One slate route that springs to mind that I've not even done is Looning the tube. It's meant to be a bit quirky, but great.

Cake
OP jezb1 22 Oct 2012
In reply to Cake: Done a fair bit on slate, Looning, Pull my Daisy, Gnat Attack etc. Want to try some other stuff to transfer onto multipitch adventures as I'm not always super confident on E1 - apart from on the slate!

The strand looks meaty!
 mr mills 22 Oct 2012
In reply to jezb1:

Grim Wall Direct, Craig Pant Ifan, Tremadog
 Jon Stewart 22 Oct 2012
In reply to jezb1:

The Strand's a path - get on it!
 Dan Lane 22 Oct 2012
In reply to jezb1:

Cemetry Gates on the Cromlech. Although the guidebook says it's two pitches I don't really see why, I thought doing it in a oner made for a much better experience. Tree directly above the route so dead easy to abseil for gear.
 Ciderslider 22 Oct 2012
In reply to jezb1:

> Cemetary gates is on my list, but will save that for a day with a "regular" partner.

Oh, Oh, pick me

Recon I could struggle up that as a second

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...