UKC

crags to practice gear placement

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 dmor9 26 Oct 2012
im taking someone out on sun who has only ever climbed in doors. i plan on taking him to scout crag in langdale but the weather looks poor so not wanting to waste a day out (rare for me) i need to find a crag that you can place plenty of gear in at ground level to practice belay building etc... some where like trowbarrow (close to car trees to hide under etc) would be ideal but i can remember if there is much to place gear in. were based in kendal so langdale/north lancs would be great.
cheers dave
 GrahamD 26 Oct 2012
In reply to dmor9:

If you are only messing about at ground level, why are you worried about the weather ?

From Kendal you could always look at Hutton Roof which is short and juggy with loads of gear options.
OP dmor9 26 Oct 2012
In reply to GrahamD: we were going to climb some vdiffs on upper scout if the weather holds but if its raining then then we'll just mess about with gear and ropes at ground level ill have a look at hutton roof.
cheers dave
 Iain Peters 26 Oct 2012
In reply to GrahamD:

.....or Kentmere Boulder/Badger Rock
 John Kelly 26 Oct 2012
In reply to dmor9: scout crags are not really that great for gear - Middlefell butresss, raven crag, loads of gear, all weather
 GrahamD 29 Oct 2012
In reply to John Kelly:

Scout scar isn't the same place as Scout crags

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...