UKC

Montane Jackal - anyone tried?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
scrufff 26 Oct 2012
Been struggling to find out much about this jacket, I guess because it's a bit pricey and fairly niche. However, I've just about worn through the back of my special edition Krypton which is made of the soft Equilibrium stuff (like the Dyno I think). The Jackal seems to fit the bill as a bit tougher for outer use (w/ pit zips), but any feedback/alternatives would be grand.

Cheers!
 smithtom82 26 Oct 2012
In reply to scrufff:

if you do go for the jackal, get a size bigger than you would normally. I am a large in all my other montane tops but had to go for xl in this one.

i can't fault it really (apart from the usual crap zips that they seem to use) its got a decent under helmet hood which comes up really high around the chin making you look like a ninja! nice thumb cuffs and extra durable layers on the elbows and shoulders. it is expensive though, i paid £100. I dont know what they are going for now but i defo wouldn't pay anymore than that.
scrufff 26 Oct 2012
In reply to smithtom82:

Might be a 'if the price is right' jobby in that case. Their sizing drives me crazy - my Krypton is XL, my Extreme is a generous L, and no size Prism was long enough in the body

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...