UKC

Web filtering on iPad...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 VS4b 27 Oct 2012
Can anyone recommend any options for protecting my kids from ending up seeing stuff they shouldn't whilst browsing on the iPad please? I've just found and activated the restrictions for apps and videos but there appears to be no inbuilt web filtering to limit content. I'm particularly concerned about google results.
Cheers
 Milesy 27 Oct 2012
If you don't already have a recent Netgear router you could look into these. Some come with Netgear Live Parental Controls which allows you to set filtering at the level it comes into your home to any device connecting.
 andy 27 Oct 2012
In reply to VS4b: Just told my mrs the Nexus I've just bought our 10 year old has no filtering functionality at all.

She's not happy...
 vark 27 Oct 2012
In reply to VS4b:
Install the mobicip browser. There are a few extra steps but it's all on their website
 snoop6060 28 Oct 2012
In reply to VS4b:

Think you do this house wide with OpenDNS.

Basically you configure your router to use DNS servers that aren't your ISPs which has other benefits. I'm sure you can implement webfiltering with it as well. I set up mine years ago.

It also allows you to easily see what wed addresses have been looked up.

THough this will all your devices (not just your Ipad), and wont stop anything on 3g cell connections.

http://www.opendns.com/

Si

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...