UKC

Shimano 105, BR-5600 brakes for sale.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Richard Carter 30 Oct 2012
As the title says really! Have been given some hand me down Ultegra brakes so I'll be taking my old 105 brakes off (when I figure out how to do that exactly)

I have the pads on them which are nearly new, plus I have a spare pair of pads lurking somewhere that I can send too.
I forgot to put, I'll post some pictures later on.
In reply to Richard Carter:

Richard, word of advice, as I've just sold a set of these to someone in my cycling club. They come in different drop lengths and the ones I had were to replace factory fitted calipers on my winter bike - however there wasn't enough adjustment for the pads to fit properly onto the rim, they were too close to the edge of the rim/tyre wall. The measurement will help people decide if they will be right for their bike.
HtH
Sam
In reply to La Shamster:

WellI'm very non technical, how do I check this :-P
Do I just measure from the bottom of the arms to the top of the arch bit?
johnj 30 Oct 2012
In reply to Richard Carter: it could well be marked on the back of the caliper, but if not measure from center line of pivot to top and bottom of brake block slot for sizes, generally short caliper drop is around 49mm and longer drop is a round 67mm
 Escher 30 Oct 2012
In reply to Richard Carter: I'm after some new brakes. If you can work the size and how much you want I might be very interested. Cheers
Right, apparently they are 49mm reach if that helps. I'll take some pictures tonight or tomorrow morning depening on how much time I have later.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...