UKC

Can you sue the army?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mockerkin 30 Oct 2012
A friend of mine has an old English family name.
There is a fell named after his family, from centuries ago.
This fell is now used as a firing range by the army.
The fell is now messed up because of the army.
Can he sue for destruction of this fell, perhaps on historical grounds or defamation od his family name?
He is very angry.
 Trangia 30 Oct 2012
In reply to mockerkin:

Score

-1/10
OP mockerkin 30 Oct 2012
In reply to Trangia:
> (In reply to mockerkin)
>
> Score
>
> -1/10

Is that his chances of suing them?

In reply to mockerkin:
> A friend of mine has an old English family name.
> There is a fell named after his family, from centuries ago.

If it's Little Cockup Fell then people are going to laugh if he goes to court.

In reply to mockerkin:

But if its Great Cockup, they may be impressed.

Nevertheless, and as this is award season, I suggest that we at UKC has a 2012 top pointless threads, and I would to suggest this as a top 5 contender.
OP mockerkin 30 Oct 2012
In reply to TheDrunkenBakers:
> (In reply to mockerkin)
>
> But if its Great Cockup, they may be impressed.
>
> Nevertheless, and as this is award season, I suggest that we at UKC has a 2012 top pointless threads, and I would to suggest this as a top 5 contender.

But he's serious, and I am the one looking silly because he's too young to post himself.

In reply to mockerkin: If he is old enough to understand the issues and consider sueing he is old enough to post.
In reply to mockerkin:
> Buts he's serious, and I am the one looking silly because he's too young to post himself.

And if you're old enough to post, you're old enough to anticipate how the question would be received....
 Ander 31 Oct 2012
In reply to mockerkin:

Perhaps you might explain how the firing range has messed this fell up; in the main the army maintains its ranges to a high environmental standard- indeed higher than most uses that land can be put to.

Or is it he just doesn't like the army?
 Camm 31 Oct 2012
In reply to mockerkin:
errrr
KevinD 31 Oct 2012
In reply to mockerkin:

yup, for example if the helicopters mess up your livestock you will have a chance.

> Can he sue for destruction of this fell, perhaps on historical grounds or defamation od his family name?

ah, maybe not in this case.
Out of curiosity how much have they buggered it up? Military training areas and ranges normally tend to do well in terms of condition compared to farming areas (although upland areas may be different from lowland where more intense agricultural practices put shells to shame).
 Trangia 31 Oct 2012
In reply to dissonance:

Remember the scene in the original Dambuster's film of the farmer writing to the Air Ministry when the crews were training for low level flying, complaining about the irresponsible young flyers gallivanting over his farm and putting his hens off laying?
 nick hawkins 31 Oct 2012
In reply to mockerkin: does he own the fell ? If not why would he have a claim ?
 Billhook 02 Nov 2012
In reply to mockerkin:

To sue anyone, let alone the MOD, you'd have to prove some loss or damage to yourself or sopmething you are responsible for. And as he'd be totally unable to prove a defamation he'd have absolutely no chance - 0 = ziltch!!!!.
 PebblePusher 02 Nov 2012
In reply to mockerkin:

The army have better things to do with their time and attempting to sue over such a rediculous issue is pathetic.

Maybe just look at it as a privilege that your (his?) name is in any way ascociated with our incredible armed forces.
 Kemics 02 Nov 2012
In reply to mockerkin:

is his surname "Hill" by any chance?
Moggsy 02 Nov 2012
In reply to mockerkin: There is some utter bollocks on UKC
 Chris the Tall 02 Nov 2012
In reply to mockerkin:
Not unless he has brittle knees
Removed User 03 Nov 2012
In reply to mockerkin:

I've just noticed that you can't Sue the Army , but you can Mary it by simply rearranging the letters. Obviously I'm quite bored.
mountainmadness 03 Nov 2012
In reply to Moggsy:
> (In reply to mockerkin) There is some utter bollocks on UKC

This _________________^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

*Slaps forehead
 marvin1987 03 Nov 2012
In reply to mockerkin:
> A friend of mine has an old English family name.
> There is a fell named after his family, from centuries ago.
> This fell is now used as a firing range by the army.
> The fell is now messed up because of the army.
> Can he sue for destruction of this fell, perhaps on historical grounds or defamation od his family name?
> He is very angry.

Hahahaha i love youre so serious about thisss
 hedgehog77 03 Nov 2012
In reply to mockerkin: you have to get a grip. these guys and gals do an outstanding job protecting this country and the hardship the troops go through is not worth thinking about..... take a long look at yourself in the mirror and think what your talking about.
Sarah G 04 Nov 2012
In reply to mockerkin:
Give your friend a good kicking. He needs it, nay, is begging for it...

Sx
 Peakpdr 04 Nov 2012
In reply to mockerkin:

Is he the fella that sued Mcdonalds for making him fat ?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...