UKC

Landrover AUX sound system

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Moggsy 01 Nov 2012
Little prob with AUX plug on my Landrover. Seems to work with some devices but iv plugged my iPod in and it's got white noise over the sound. Eases off when I up the volume to max on the iPod but not solved....

Any quick fix? I'm sure it's not the car as iv used an S3 on it and that was fine?
 woolsack 01 Nov 2012
In reply to Moggsy: I'd be amazed to hear an ipod over the sound of all the rattles and other noises in my Land Rover!

Is it the first time the ipod has been used in it?
 Ashley 01 Nov 2012
In reply to Moggsy:

My Land Rover doesn't have a stereo. I'd much rather listen to the 2.6 litre straight 6 petrol engine. Unfortunately at higher speeds, say, anything more than 25 mph, even that is muffled by the noise of the transmission, oh and the tyre noise and the rattles and the wind whistling into the cab and the...

Wouldn't have it any other way though

Quick fix = use the S3 instead of the iPod. Job jobbed.
 Frank4short 01 Nov 2012
In reply to Moggsy: At a guess I'd say it sounds like it's not properly earthed. Check the wiring from the back of the stereo to ensure your earth to the body is properly hooked up. This is however only a guess and i may be mistaken.
 thebrookster 01 Nov 2012
Check to see if the cable you are using is shielded.

I know a couple of people have had issues with Apple products with car stereo systems, and it seems to come down to unshielded cables.

Also, how well does the cable fit in the socket? A loose connection might cause problems?
 GrahamD 01 Nov 2012
In reply to Moggsy:

Do you have the ipod on charge ? electrical noise from the charger effects aux input sound quality
 Rubbishy 01 Nov 2012
In reply to Moggsy:

I solved the problem of poor Ipod quality in my Landrover by adding another input to this

http://proviationshop.co.uk/shop/article_ASP-PSHELIN.001/Lynx-Pilot-System-...
Moggsy 02 Nov 2012
In reply to John Rushby: Classic solution!

All seems ok and earthed, there is a USB that seems to work ok too... Got me beat.. Will just get a new cable or take it to LR to sort it.

Cheers all

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...