UKC

Lake District wet weather options

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 CMcBain 01 Nov 2012
Off to the Lake District this weekend and after looking at the forecast, realised I might not get much climbing in. So i'm looking for some good wet weather alternatives, scrambles or long easy routes that can be done in the rain, failing that, a suggestion for a good long mountain day?

Cheers for any help!
 Mark Eddy 01 Nov 2012
In reply to CMcBain: Was on Pinnacle Ridge, St. Sunday Crag today. A grand mountain day, a bit snowy and damp but very enjoyable. Corvus on Raven crag should be okay too. Both will be rather chilly though, spare gloves were a good idea today!
 Monk 01 Nov 2012
In reply to CMcBain:

Where are you going to be based?
 John Kelly 01 Nov 2012
In reply to CMcBain: Middle fell butress raven crag followed by South face Harrison stickle grade3 Langdale , much more challenging and possibly snowy at the top C ordinary Dow crag coniston
OP CMcBain 01 Nov 2012
In reply to Monk:

Staying near the bowderstone, cheers for suggestions so far!
 trekclimb 02 Nov 2012
In reply to CMcBain: cam crag ridge, Langstrath
 AdrianC 02 Nov 2012
In reply to CMcBain: Time was when at the first sniff of rain one would make all haste to the Golden Rule and drink six pints of Snecklifter. Climbing in the rain? Whatever is the world coming to?
 Monk 02 Nov 2012
In reply to CMcBain:

People often head up to Raven Crag to do Corvus in the rain. Cam Crag Ridge is another good suggestion, although if the wind is blowing hard it could be pretty exposed to the elements. And if you get a break in the weather, Shepherds crag is pretty quick to get to, and bits of it dry pretty quickly.
 Šljiva 02 Nov 2012
In reply to Monk: Trowbarrow if you have transport. Spent two days under blue skies during a week it only stopped raining in the mountains for about 30 minutes the whole time!
 ablackett 02 Nov 2012
In reply to CMcBain: Opposite Corvus is a 5 star classic. Inside Route, Doves Nest Crag.

http://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/c.php?i=121300

It has the advantage that most of it is inside. Head torch needed. And you will need the FRCC borrowdale guide, but it is worth the money for just this route in my opinion.

Andy

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...