UKC

Olympic gold post boxes

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
The Royal Mail have announced that the post boxes painted gold in honour of Olympic athletes will remain gold and not be repainted red. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-20183986. Great news - they should serve as a reminder and an inspiration.

ALC
 Tall Clare 02 Nov 2012
In reply to a lakeland climber:

404 - page not found

Great news though - I like the one here in Skipton.
In reply to Tall Clare:

I put the full stop too close to the URI

ALC
ruttingstag 02 Nov 2012
In reply to a lakeland climber: maybe if they painted every postbox gold we could inspire more people. Ours is still red.
 Chris the Tall 02 Nov 2012
You frequently get queues in Sheffield with people wanting to have their picture taken next to Jess' golden box......
Wiley Coyote2 03 Nov 2012
In reply to Tall Clare:
> (In reply to a lakeland climber)
>
>
> Great news though - I like the one here in Skipton.

Who was our winner? I'm ashamed to say I only noticed the gold post box yesterday when I was walking from Tesco to the bank.

Tall Clare 03 Nov 2012
In reply to Wiley Coyote:

Danielle Brown, the paralympian archer. She's from Lothersdale but she asked for the post box to be in Skipton, the 'post town', so more people would see it. There's also one up in Hebden for Andrew Triggs-Hodge, the rower, so that's two for BD23
Wiley Coyote2 03 Nov 2012
In reply to Tall Clare:

I think I'm more surprised that Hebden has a post box than that it has an Olympian! Ta
 Tall Clare 03 Nov 2012
In reply to Wiley Coyote:

Apparently it's the only gold post box in a national park - a fact for a pub quiz if ever there was one.
 Ava Adore 03 Nov 2012

Not seen one yet. Not sure where my nearest would be.
 The New NickB 03 Nov 2012

Great, but it is a shame they look really crappy. I have had a close look at a few, they really should have invested in some better paint.
In reply to Ava Adore:

Here you go - http://www.goldpostboxes.com/

ALC

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...