UKC

NEWS: Woods flashes Pure Imagination, 8c+

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 03 Nov 2012
Cédric Lachat on Pure Imagination, 9a, Red River Gorge, 3 kbPowered by beta and belay from Adam Ondra, Daniel Woods managed to flash Jonathan Siegrist's Pure Imagination, 8c+, at the Chocolate Factory, Red River Gorge, Kentucky.

Daniel agrees with Adam's suggested downgrade from 9a to 8c+, but this still makes him only the 4th person ever to onsight or...

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=67581
 John O'Donnell 03 Nov 2012
In reply to UKC News: surely though if it does get downgraded then Sasha DiGiulian would no longer be in the history books for being one of the very select female climbers to have climbed 9a??
 JKinsella 03 Nov 2012
In reply to JohnO'D:

youtube.com/watch?v=H2Nj2_mvmMs&

Confirmed by Ondra at the grade!
 chris_j_s 03 Nov 2012
In reply to JohnO'D:

Good job she's done another one then really isn't it?
 progrupicola 04 Nov 2012
In reply to UKC News: Amazing! being a strong boulderer and then switching into rope mode to gain some endurance seems to be working for some, by the side and about Sasha 9a's i was hoping Pure Imagination to be a solid one cause Era Vella (Sasha's second) it's said to be soft, even 8c+ by some in a whispering way.
 JKinsella 04 Nov 2012
In reply to progrupicola: Ondra took 9a though!
 progrupicola 04 Nov 2012
In reply to JKinsella: Yes i know (he did it second go)but then other strong climbers said it's soft for that grade(small-talking)and i personally know some locals who think this way,it's because of this i was hoping the previous 9a from Sasha to be solid (I don't want to take nothing from her achievements,moreover because i don't climb such level).
In the end it's the combination of boredom together with some second hand info that makes me write,forgive the armchair-ed.
 Epsilon 04 Nov 2012
In reply to Jiduvah:

I think he meant for Era Vella.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...