UKC

Quitting my job and holiday?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Kemics 05 Nov 2012
So i'm (hopefully) handing in my notice at work. I'll have to work a months notice. However, I still have 10 days holiday I need to take before the end of the year. How does my entitlement to holiday work once im leaving? Can I book my holiday tomorrow morning. Hand in my notice. Work 2 weeks and coast the last 2? Has anyone had any experience with this, I hate to lose them?
 thebrookster 05 Nov 2012
In reply to Kemics:

Double check your entitlement first, if you haven't already. You will not be entitled to the full years entitlement if you leave early!!

Aside from that, you should be able to add the entitlement to your months notice, so you work the month and have the ten days holiday after that. Unless of course your boss will simply pay you the holiday pay regardless??
OP Kemics 05 Nov 2012
In reply to thebrookster:

I started on 20th of december. So i'll have worked 11 months. So might lose a day. But still entitled to the rest...i hope!
 thebrookster 05 Nov 2012
In reply to Kemics:
Just double check what the holiday rules are for your company??

I know that everywhere I have worked run holiday entitlement with the financial year, so it starts and stops in April.
 Ciro 05 Nov 2012
In reply to Kemics:

If you worked 11 months (including notice period) you'll be entitled to 11/12ths of your full annual entitlement - so you'll be due whatever's left out of that (so if full entitlement was 24 days and you've used 14, you'll be due another 8).

If they won't let you take those holidays before you leave, you'll be entitled to be paid for them instead - although most companies will be reasonable with allowing you to take them as you might otherwise get "sick" and do no work but still be due to be paid for them.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...