UKC

Annot France

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 marlow 06 Nov 2012
Hey, just a quick question, have any of you been to Annot, south of France... I heard its pretty good but if anyone has any more information, that would be fantastic

cheers
 Jon Ratcliffe 09 Nov 2012
In reply to marlow:What other info are you looking for? I climbed some awesome routes there this year and I believe the bouldering is equally as good.
Asterix 09 Nov 2012
In reply to marlow:
Spent an enjoyable few days in Annot about four years ago while on a south of France road trip. We were there in August, so it was pretty hot. However, much of the bouldering is shaded by trees and we managed to get stuff done in the mornings and late afternoons/evenings. The bouldering was good - rough sandstone with interesting features and little sign of polish. Some of the boulders are huge and have been bolted to give short sport climbs (15m or so). There's a topo and info (in French) at: http://abloc.org/. There's also a pleasant enough camp site on the outskirts of town and close to the bouldering. Not sure I'd make a special trip there, but if I was in the region I'd definitely go back for a day or two.
OP marlow 09 Nov 2012
In reply to Asterix: Cheers, I thought I'd check it out as I'm in Nice for a couple of weeks and then have 2 weeks to go somewhere, cheers for the topo advice and also the heads up on some climbs. I'm just hoping the weather in Dec is ok... I'm in the Ardeche at the mo and its up and down, but mainly up! Cheers for the advice.
OP marlow 09 Nov 2012
In reply to Jon Ratcliffe: I'm more happy to hear that there are routes as well as boulders, any other info about anything in the area would be great, I've been working in the Ardeche for the last few mounths, but no climbing, I'm mainly looking to do something near Nice, I have a 2 weeks work there and then 2 weeks to do something before I fly home. Its sounds great though!
 Jon Ratcliffe 09 Nov 2012
In reply to marlow: There's a guide for the routes available at the local office de tourism or mayor's office in the village. I would definitely go back, think 3 star gritstone aretes in abundance, awesome pockety walls, beautiful woodland...mega.
 French Erick 09 Nov 2012
In reply to marlow:
Also top sandstone crack trad venue.
I'll try to find a link. I want to go back there just for the trad personally.
In reply to marlow:
> Hey, just a quick question, have any of you been to Annot, south of France...

It is a classic geological locality for sandstone turbidites.

Jon Ratcliffe 11 Nov 2012
In reply to French Erick: Yep, the trad could indeed be the icing on the cake!
OP marlow 13 Nov 2012
In reply to marlow: Thats ace, cheers for the information guys. If I get to do some trad that would be axesome.
Can't wait to check it out
OP marlow 12 Dec 2012
Annot for the trad, not the bouldering, I didn't get and trad done, but the bouldering wasn't great, a couple of days is enough.

However, just as information, near Nice is a little place called La Croix de Cabris, Cabris being the town, follow the D4 out of Cabris and after a bout 3 K you find car parking beside a park, there you have very easy and short sports routes, for kids I think, the other side of the road you have limestone boulders starting almost as soon as you wander back towards Cabris, if you have a day go check it out and if you can, its easy to find, there is a big boulder with a mouldy mattress, possibly still there, a couple of nice boulder problems, I failed on the 6C+, after walking the mountains, getting drunk and not sleeping in my tent, thats my excuse!

Just for information!
 Enty 12 Dec 2012

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...