UKC

Best hardshell pants

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 climber34neil 07 Nov 2012
Just wandering what people find best to wear when winter climbing in the uk? Power stretch tights and hardshell pants? Recommend any particular model/ design eg bib etc, thanks
 Cameron94 07 Nov 2012
In reply to climber34neil: Damn I can only use powerstretch when it gets properely cold -10ish otherwise I sweat buckets.

I tend to wear softshell perhaps with a thin baselayer underneath if it going to be cold and that does the job quite well. If it's really rubish then I'll chuck the hardshell on, full length side zips are very useful to get on over boots! A pee zip is handy as well. I like to have braces holding them up!
 GarethSL 08 Nov 2012
In reply to climber34neil:

IMO Best softshell,troos, Arc'teryx Gamma SK. Can also be used with lightweight wool underwear if its cold and dry, but I generally tend not to bother.

Best Hardshell Troos, Arc'teryx Beta AR. I team mine up with merino underwear (with a power stretch midlayer if its cold) and thus far have never been uncomfortable.

It's undeniable the only thing they can be beaten on is price, but for what they are and the way they perform, they are actually incredibly good value! So long as they fit.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...