UKC

Is it winter yet?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Tony the Blade 08 Nov 2012
Hey folks,

I'm back now that the white stuff has started to materialise again - did I miss much?... didn't think so

Anyways... it's winter season again (Is Kinder in yet?) and I thought I'd poke my head in the UKC door again.

I'm looking at getting out a couple of times this season, January or February. Probably staying at Rothiemurchus for the Cairngorm or the Alpine Hut for Ben Nevis (both Joint Services huts).

Thinking about planning a winter UKC meet in Feb, thought I'd gauge reaction first (any other Service or ex-Service personel here? Then we could look into a joint bid for a group stay at either hut).

Early thoughts please, or a show of hands? Numbers first, then we'll do dates, then we'll sort a grot.

Cheers, Tony
 Jamie B 08 Nov 2012
In reply to Tony the Blade:

It was winter last week, now it's back to autumn.
In reply to Jamie Bankhead:
> (In reply to Tony the Blade)
>
> It was winter last week, now it's back to autumn.

I guess that's early season for you... should have settled down by January though.

Meant to say, this invite is to all, not just Pongo's, Bootnecks, Matlow's etc. Last year I signed civvies into a hut no problem.
 Puppythedog 09 Nov 2012
In reply to Tony the Blade: I could be game though a complete novice in the white stuff.
aultguish 09 Nov 2012
In reply to Tony the Blade: I could be in for this one mate, plenty winter experience, ex pongo with my liver still intact
 dasc 09 Nov 2012
In reply to Tony the Blade:
http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=525610&v=1
See about 11 posts down.
Welcome back.!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...