UKC

NEW ARTICLE: A Day in Kendal - a Perspective on Coaching

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Articles 09 Nov 2012
Setting up for a dynamic rock over, 3 kbPunter Pete describes a day out in the Lakes...

It was meant to be a day of classic multi pitch climbing but the English summer diverted me to Kendal wall for a day of coaching. I had no idea what to expect as coaching didn't really exist 20 years ago when I started climbing. So this is how it went...

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/page.php?id=4999

Paul Evans 09 Nov 2012
In reply to UKC Articles:
Good article. I booked a session with John in Feb this year - he's a top bloke. Found it massively useful, really makes me think about how I move on rock. Came away with pages of notes which I still sit down and work through from time to time. May well book a further session at some point.
Good luck
Paul
punterpete 09 Nov 2012
In reply to Paul Evans:
> (In reply to UKC Articles)
> Good article. I booked a session with John in Feb this year - he's a top bloke. Found it massively useful,

Thanks for the comment! I'm still making gains from the day I had with John: my shoulders are under a lot less strain and I'm starting to push past some grade boundaries that are years old.

Really worth it
 biscuit 09 Nov 2012
In reply to punterpete:

He's the man isn't he ?

I'm a big fan. He proves you don't have to be climbing 8c to know what you're talking about and be able to really help people with their climbing in a practical way.

I'm loving the Yoda comment :0)
 dr_botnik 09 Nov 2012
In reply to punterpete: Is that a hologram bracelet you're wearing?
punterpete 09 Nov 2012
In reply to dr_botnik:
> (In reply to punterpete) Is that a hologram bracelet you're wearing?

Er, no. Purely decorative. Meant to be magnetic or something but I have to say I've not noticed a difference. Except maybe less abrasion when jamming!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...