UKC

fairy cave quarry condition

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Mr-Cowdrey 09 Nov 2012
anyone been there this week? Is it dry? Hopefully heading there tomorrow if it stays dry. Cheers.
In reply to Mr-Cowdrey: I was there yesterday having a look round. It was generally very wet and slimey. The only dry area was Entry Wall otherwise everything including routes such a Balch's Slide, which gets some sun, were unpleasantly damp.

OP Mr-Cowdrey 09 Nov 2012
In reply to Mr-Cowdrey: ohh ok, do you think there's a chance of it drying up for tomorrow? There's a few E3s and E4s i want to try on Robs slab and moving target area.
 elliptic 09 Nov 2012
In reply to Mr-Cowdrey:

Grey and showery kind of day here so far (I'm sitting two miles away) so wouldn't get your hopes up I'm afraid.
In reply to Mr-Cowdrey: I think it's unlikely there will be much in condition tomorrow. I'm in Frome and it is drizzling and damp today. However the forecast for tomorrow is OK so you might find something to do. By Sunday there should be more routes in condition. Those routes which cross the overlaps on Robs Slab will still be seeping.
 deepstar 09 Nov 2012
In reply to Mr-Cowdrey: I went to Bector Wood Quarry this afternoon,about half a mile from Fairy Cave Quarry and it was very slimy.I doubt things will improve before tomorrow.
OP Mr-Cowdrey 09 Nov 2012
In reply to Mr-Cowdrey: ok guys, cheers. I'll look elsewhere, or go and have a look tomorrow to decide what's climbable.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...