UKC

NEWS: FRI NIGHT VID: James Pearson Interview from The Odyssey

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 09 Nov 2012
James Pearson in Hot Aches Odyseey, 3 kbIn this short interview, James Pearson talks about trad climbing, danger, falling off and the Odyssey.

See the full Odyssey movie at The Climbing Works, Sheffield on Saturday 10 November or via a free stream on the Hot Aches website for 10 days.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=67566
 Jonny2vests 09 Nov 2012
In reply to UKC News:

Nice wee summary of UK trad. Puts it in perspective now I've moved away.
 dr_botnik 09 Nov 2012
In reply to UKC News: Quite touching really, puts it into perspective a bit...
In reply to UKC News: Nice vid thank you - someone will mention it is Odyssey not Odyseey so might as well be me. Sorry!
 Hillseeker 09 Nov 2012
In reply to UKC News:

Good interview. Not sure about the sunglasses though!
 snoop6060 10 Nov 2012
In reply to UKC News:

It's hard to take him seriously in those sunglasses.
 Mark Collins 10 Nov 2012
In reply to toasted: Yes, with such a potentially thoughtful interview it was difficult to engage when you can't see the eyes. Nothing against James, I thought the same about the Daniel Craig interview when watching the Top Gear Bond Special the other day. Maybe it's product placement.
 kwoods 10 Nov 2012
In reply to UKC News: I really enjoyed that. No, the sunglasses weren't offputting! Big respect for James Pearson, I'm going to see this film.
 MJ 10 Nov 2012
In reply to Mark Collins:

Maybe it's product placement.

He's sponsered by Adidas Eyewear.
 Fraser 10 Nov 2012
In reply to MJ:
> (In reply to Mark Collins)
>
> Maybe it's product placement.

Duh, you think?! They're unnecessary, but at least it wasn't those god-awful white ones he often wears. I suppose he's got to earn a buck somehow, but I'm always judgemental of people who wear sunglasses when it's not sunny.

I enjoyed the interview and thought he was pretty thoughtful and articulate. I definitely have more respect for him now than I probably did in his TWOL-grade debate days.

Owen W-G 10 Nov 2012
In reply to Fraser:

Free stream not working for me
 Mr p 10 Nov 2012
In reply to UKC News: cant find the link
 Tophe 10 Nov 2012
You have to login/create an account.
In reply to UKC News: I've created an account and am logged in but all i can see is the trailer.
 biscuit 10 Nov 2012
In reply to jonathan shepherd:
scroll down to the bottom.

took me a while too.

worth it though
 Puppythedog 11 Nov 2012
In reply to UKC News: Good film, really enjoyed it. Worth the watch and worth purchasing I think.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...