UKC

El Chorro by Train

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 ck85 15 Nov 2012
Do the trains between Malaga and Alora run through the winter? I will be travelling on the 26th Dec.
 Morgan Woods 15 Nov 2012
In reply to ck85:

yep pretty much 2-3 times a day at least...check the spanish train website for timetables. From the airport go to Malaga central station then get a little train to El Chorro. The only problem is that some might terminate at Alora leaving you stuck 20km from El Chorro late at night.
 johncook 15 Nov 2012
In reply to ck85: There are only three ot four trains a day from Malaga to El Chorro, but don't bank onj them running over Christmas, even if they are scheduled. This site may help;
http://www.renfe.com/EN/viajeros/horarios.html
Enjoy, hope you get good weather. I will be out there mid January.
Don't forget that as well as the Rockfax guide there is also a local produced one available in the climbing shop in El Chorro which lists some other routes, including some multipitch stuff and aid.
 biscuit 15 Nov 2012
In reply to ck85:

I don't know whether it affects the trains but Xmas is not the same here. Xmas day is a church service and family day, most places will be shut. Boxing day is back to work until 3 King's Day on the 6th of Jan which is when pressies and stuff are given out.

So there is a better chance of trains running on 26th here but i am promising nothing - neither am i promising that the timetables you find will be correct, valid or in anyway useful ;0)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...