UKC

PRODUCT NEWS: WITH VIDEO: e-climb Ice Axes

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Gear 16 Nov 2012
THE CRYO-LT, 4 kbA technical, all-terrain tool, the Cryo-LT makes the perfect daily driver for ice, mixed and alpine climbing.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/news.php?id=5078
 Ron Walker 16 Nov 2012
In reply to UKC Gear:

It looks as though you could belay two second climbers off the axehead! Is that intentional or just lightening holes that look like a Reverso type device?
 Nick Harvey 16 Nov 2012
In reply to Ron Walker: I think i have heard that actually, though it must be a tad unwieldy. Gives you another reason not to drop an axe i suppose.
 Ron Walker 16 Nov 2012
In reply to Ron Walker:
Just visited the website...
It's well worth the visit just for the welcome help!
Yes, seems the holes are designed for belaying and abseiling as well as a few other neat things. All really clever and creative designs too...
 Ron Walker 16 Nov 2012
In reply to Nick Harvey:
> (In reply to Ron Walker) I think i have heard that actually, though it must be a tad unwieldy. Gives you another reason not to drop an axe i suppose.

All we need now is a belay device that can be used as a spare ice axe
 Cameron94 16 Nov 2012
In reply to UKC Gear: Does anyone know how the ice screws they sell work?
They have some sort of changable head so that you can replace blunt teeth.
 TeeBee 19 Nov 2012
In reply to Cameron94:

We met some French climbers on Ben Nevis this past winter who had some of these, and they seemed to really rate them. They were lighter than the usual BD/Grivel/Petzl/DMM offerings, and (apparently) the replaceable tips are a boon - sort of stuck on with glue, I gathered, so they don't unscrew themselves apart, but not permanently.

I keep meaning to buy some - with a more favourable exchange rate than a while ago, now might be the time...
 fire_munki 28 Nov 2012
In reply to UKC Gear:
Looks like the company does re-usable screamers too, some clever thinking going on.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...