UKC

If 5.10 Anasazi whites fit me quite well...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 adstapleton 18 Nov 2012
... Will 5.10 velcros (VCSs) fit as well or better or worse?

I've heard they're a bit wide? The Blancos fit pretty good (it seems i dont have wide feet) but maybe not good enough to simply re-buy without testing a few other varieties.

Your help and insight is appreciated.
 Si dH 18 Nov 2012
In reply to adstapleton:
They are fairly similar fit, difference more in stiffness, but your question is impossible to answer.
 Reach>Talent 19 Nov 2012
In reply to adstapleton:
Similar-ish for valuse of ish between slightly and fairly.

I know lots of people who wear both whites and vcs but then again I wear vcs and can't get my feet into whites. The whites cripple my 4th and little toes while having a bit of dead space around the big toe.

You'll really need to try them on
OP adstapleton 19 Nov 2012
Is the consensus that the VCS are a touch wider?

I tried the Greens on previously and found that they were very wide, are the VCS as wide?

It's tricky because trying them on may not be possible given the derth of climbing shoe shops near me. It may be an internet order and I'd like to get a decent idea of if the VCS are gonna be a goer or if they're simply just too wide a shoe...
 Reach>Talent 19 Nov 2012
In reply to adstapleton:
I think it depends on your definition of wide

I fit greens and vcs perfectly but am too wide for the whites, but I know people who wear whites and vcs or all 3. I think it comes down to a combination of two factors how sharply your foot narrows toward the big toe (how square your foot is) and how wide it is at the widest point. I find that the whites are a little pointier than the greens and vcs so don't suit me although the overall width isn't too bad.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...