UKC

Great New Line In The North York Moors

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Franco Cookson 20 Nov 2012
This is pretty interesting for all those interested in the bouldering renaissance happening in the North York Moors at the moment.

Mike Adams, who's been leading the charge with all things hard and moorish, has pushed the boat out even further and just climbed this stonking new ~font 8b+ at the newly discovered (by Betaguides) Kay Nest boulders.

The holds on this thing are unbelievalby bad, for those who haven't been up to 'the nest' yet. Can't wait for the new guide to come out in spring.

vimeo.com/53810572

The Pylon King 20 Nov 2012
In reply to Franco Cookson:

font 8b+?

I thought North york moors was in England, not France.
 JLS 20 Nov 2012
In reply to Mr Mark Stephen Davies:

>"font 8b+?"

Here's a handy convesion table for you...

Font 4 = around 4c
Font 5 = around 5b
Font 5+ = around 5c
Font 6a = around 6a
Font 6a+ = too hard
Font 6b = too hard
Font 6b+ = too hard
Font 6c = too hard
Font 6c+ = too hard
Font 7c = too hard
Font 7c+ = too hard
Font 8a = too hard
Font 8a+ = too hard
Font 8b = too hard
Font 8b+ = too hard

Dave Garnett 20 Nov 2012

Above average video... well edited and nice use of music.

And it does look like an ace problem.
 Russell Lovett 20 Nov 2012
In reply to Franco Cookson: Will the new guide out in the spring be a bouldering guide or a trad guide or will it be a bit of both? Either way will look forward to getting it.
In reply to Russell Lovett:

It will be a selective boulder guide. Lee's planning on including all the best venues in a coffee-table style book, which is also highly usable. I think he wanted to include everything in the guide originally, but to keep the spirit of moors adventure alive, and because there was too much to fit in one book, he's decided to leave a lot of the crag-based stuff traditionally covered by Climbonline/smartboys and more obscure edges.

If you're after routes, then you'll have to wait for the new addition of the out of print and massively in demand Smartboys guide. When that will appear seems to be a bit of a mystery, but also promises to be a stunning guide.

phleppy 20 Nov 2012
In reply to Russell Lovett: The new guide will just be a bouldering guide although climbonline are doing another up to date guide with both trad & bouldering due out sometime after or so i've heard anyway.
 Jamie B 20 Nov 2012

The holds do indeed look rather poor. Good effort on a striking line!
In reply to phleppy: I hope you're right!
 phleppy 20 Nov 2012
In reply to Franco Cookson: Oh franco, i thought you knew already, im always right or so people keep telling me anyway...
In reply to phleppy: haha

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...