UKC

Dewerstone Conditions

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Hi,

Looking for options for some UK sun, ahem, dryish, conditions over the next few days. Anyone climbed at the Dewerstone recently? Is it worth a visit?

Thanks for any info...
 SimonMarcYoung 20 Nov 2012
In reply to Sandstone Stickman: If your planning on coming in the next few days, then don't, its solid rain down here and isnt stopping soon, so dewerstone will be wet wet wet.
 Pero 20 Nov 2012
In reply to SimonMarcYoung: Would that make it De-wet-stone, then?
In reply to Sandstone Stickman: ok, thanks, looks like weather may improve over next few days, fingers crossed. Sheep's Tor looks interesting and quiet open so hopefully might dry off quickly if it does improve... looking for anything low to mid grade that may come into condition if does brighten up. Thanks
 francois 20 Nov 2012
In reply to Sandstone Stickman: Probably crap, but I think the moor will be worth a shot tomorrow afternoon. I'm planning an early afternoon bouldering session.
 Cheese Monkey 20 Nov 2012
In reply to Sandstone Stickman: Forecast looks good for tomorrow/Thursday. Maybe I'll see you there. Base of most climbs will stay wet for a while but no real seepage issues further up on any of the classic routes that I know of. Providing it doesnt rain Wednesday night conditions should be good enough for most routes to be reasonably dry on Thursday. Wouldnt bother with Sheeps Tor. It seeps everywhere and its crap. And probably rammed with ignorant groups/the army.
In reply to Sandstone Stickman:

Thanks for the heads up re Sheep's Tor! Will cross that off my list then!
 Tom Last 20 Nov 2012

And wet it's not clogged up with army/groups it's usually blowing a hoolie - and still crap (although Wind Wall is good).

You may be better on the south east of the moor where it's lower and not so clagged in with minging claggy ming. Good luck!
 andybenham 22 Nov 2012
In reply to Sandstone Stickman: Chudleigh is often dry is the moor is wet and its actually not as bad as you think it will be!
 Tom Last 22 Nov 2012
In reply to andybenham:

Yeah and you can see whether the moor is clear or in the cloud as you get higher on Wogs, Inkerman etc.
 Iain Peters 22 Nov 2012

Go north young man! S facing Culm dries very quickly, so does Baggy. Floods and trees down all over the place today.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...