UKC

Troll Jesters

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 paul walters 20 Nov 2012
Where have they gone ?

Mine were purple and pink and once earned me the compliment "you have the loudest trousers I have ever seen".....

Those were the days eh ?
 d_b 20 Nov 2012
In reply to paul walters:

You can still get troll omnis, but they only do plain colours these days, no patterns. I have some bright purple and some red.
Wonko The Sane 20 Nov 2012
In reply to paul walters: Amatuer!
I once took girl I met on a date day out wearing canary yellow trousers..... AND still got laid.
 Clarence 20 Nov 2012

I had so many pairs, and I used to wear them pretty much all the time, not just for climbing. Poodle-perm, stonewash jacket, Van Halen shirt and the loudest jesters I could find under me bullet belt. Them were the days...
 Tall Clare 20 Nov 2012

I'm sure you can probably still get them in caving shops...

I've seen a few people wandering round the Dales in them in recent months. Perhaps there's a thriving second-hand market for them.
OP paul walters 20 Nov 2012
In reply to paul walters: Wore the arse out of mine. Have a couple of pairs of omnis, but they're plain - khaki pair and blue pair. Closest I can find now is Zimbalooba or Tinga Tingas but they don't come anywhere near.
Glad UKC can be relied upon for a reply to even the most unexpected posts !
I emailed Troll today to see if they had any plans to restart production of Jesters. I'll post any reply I get.
 The Lemming 20 Nov 2012

And there was me thinking this subject would be about trolls moaning about voting.

Don't think I've ever seen a pair.
 girlymonkey 20 Nov 2012
Being maybe of the wrong generation, I don't know what these looked like, but the chat here makes me think they were quite something! ANyone got pics of them? I tried googling them, but didn't come up with anything that looked likely
Woodman 20 Nov 2012
In reply to davidbeynon: They also produce red one's with a printed pattern: http://www.trolluk.com/clothing/omni-trousers/omni-trousers-1
 Clarence 21 Nov 2012
In reply to DancingOnRock:
> (In reply to paul walters) Similar to Zubaz
>
> http://www.zubaz.com/Zubaz-Pants-_-1385332512_PG.html

oooh! I think I'm going to have to get some of those, every time I look at them I hear "pour some sugar on me" playing in the background. My hair is growing and curling as I browse...shame they haven't got a UK distributor.
 d_b 21 Nov 2012
In reply to Woodman:

I have a pair of those, but hadn't seen them in the shops recently so assumed they had stopped.
In reply to paul walters: there are some patterned omnis (not just the red troll ones) in Joe Browns in Capel Curig.
 d_b 21 Nov 2012
In reply to Double Knee Bar:

I was thinking of phoning troll up and asking if they would make me a pair with each panel in a different colour.
OP paul walters 21 Nov 2012
In reply to paul walters: I've got a pic of mine somewhere, I'll dig it out and see if I post it somewhere. Anyone else got a pic ?
 Neil Pratt 21 Nov 2012

Yes, but I'm not sure I want to be posting pictures of myself in baggy purple Trolls anywhere on the internet
 d_b 21 Nov 2012
In reply to davidbeynon: Loud, but not quite loud enough...
 Denzil 21 Nov 2012
In reply to paul walters: In the days when Troll were based in Uppermill, it was a mate of mine who suggested they should mix the colour panels on their trousers - and the Jesters were born! - so JD it was all your fault
 d_b 21 Nov 2012
In reply to Denzil:

I would buy them if they were made available again.
In reply to Denzil: +1 on that.....
In reply to Denzil: These are mine from 1997 !!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25080732@N08/8206433204/in/photostream

crappy pic, but I had to rephotograph it.....
 Siward 21 Nov 2012
In reply to paul walters: Some luvverly fabrics from these American boys:

http://www.runningfunky.com/shop/index.php?route=information/information&am...
 More-On 21 Nov 2012
> (In reply to Denzil) These are mine from 1997 !!

The 'dolly mixture' pattern as they were referred to in my house in the late 80s!
I actually think I might still have them hidden in the loft...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...