UKC

Nepalese Mobile Phone

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mypyrex 21 Nov 2012
When I was in KTM I had to buy a cheapo PAYG mobile with about £10 worth of air time. I did so because I wasn't sure if mine was going to work. I filled in a few scant registration details and only used about half the air time.

As the sim was a local one it's not working in the UK so I'm just wondering what to do with the phone. As it's registered to me I don't want it falling into the wrong hands. On the other hand I'm never going to use it again.
 Sir Chasm 21 Nov 2012
In reply to mypyrex: Take it to your local police station, better safe than sorry.
 Cheese Monkey 21 Nov 2012
In reply to mypyrex: Bin the SIM?
 alooker 21 Nov 2012
In reply to Cheese Monkey: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xti6by_eat-your-sim-cards_shortfilms

make sure you eat the sim card to be sure
 Edradour 21 Nov 2012
In reply to mypyrex:
> As it's registered to me I don't want it falling into the wrong hands. On the other hand I'm never going to use it again.

What do you mean by this? What do you think could happen? (genuinely interested, not being facetious).

OP mypyrex 21 Nov 2012
In reply to Fickalli: Well I was thinking if it fell into the wrong(maybe criminal) hands it's effectively got my name on it?
 Jacob Ram 21 Nov 2012
In reply to mypyrex: If you are so worried about your phone falling into 'the wrong hands' smash the fricking thing up with a hammer.
I think you look for problems. You have just come back from one of the poorest countries in the world where for a lot of people struggle beyond belief just to exist with little complaint.
Get a fecking grip man!
 Edradour 21 Nov 2012
In reply to mypyrex:
> (In reply to Fickalli) Well I was thinking if it fell into the wrong(maybe criminal) hands it's effectively got my name on it?

But that is surely only a problem if you are involved in criminal activities yourself. If not, and something did happen (which is unlikely), then when questioned by the police, should it come to that, then you explain what happened, where you were etc etc and there is no longer a problem. I think if a criminal prosecution hinged on the fact that the suspect had a phone in your name from Nepal (or that you were the suspect for that reason) then the CPS have bigger issues!

Maybe I'm too blasé about this stuff but I'd just throw it away (or envirofone it to get some cash). Either that or keep it as a hill phone with a UK sim. I really can't see what the problem is here.
OP mypyrex 21 Nov 2012

In reply to David Best: I was asking for friendly suggestions not vitriol. But there again I suppose there's something to be gained in winding up a dickhead.
OP mypyrex 21 Nov 2012
In reply to Fickalli:
> (In reply to mypyrex)
> [...]
>
>(or envirofone it to get some cash).

Probably do that.

OP mypyrex 21 Nov 2012
In reply to David Best:
>a lot of people struggle beyond belief just to exist with little complaint.

and they're a damned sight more courteous than you.
 Edradour 21 Nov 2012
In reply to mypyrex:
> (In reply to Fickalli)
> [...]
> >(or envirofone it to get some cash).
>
> Probably do that.

Excellent. Problem solved now if you'll excuse me, the bat cave is calling..

In reply to mypyrex:
>
> In reply to David Best: I was asking for friendly suggestions not vitriol.

You didn't specify either way. People just guessed.

Jacob Ram 22 Nov 2012
In reply to mypyrex: I dont think I was vitreuos(sp). I was just telling it as it is. You come on here going on , and on about your what are baisicly very organised and umimaginative trips.Oh , I am so old I hear you cry. so f*ckin what! I dont say you are a dickhead , I said get a life. FFS, I dont post on here very often , but you do , and it is always crap . Whinge/ boast /Whinge.Oh I need to borrow a phone to phone my wife . I'm in Nepal you know, blah blah , Jeeze....
 Jacob Ram 22 Nov 2012
In reply to David Best: In my origional post I was not been discourtious.I was being truethful, which if youn travel in lesser developed country than the UK , you will find is the norm , ie you sir are fat.
 Yanis Nayu 22 Nov 2012
In reply to David Best:
> (In reply to mypyrex) If you are so worried about your phone falling into 'the wrong hands' smash the fricking thing up with a hammer.
> I think you look for problems. You have just come back from one of the poorest countries in the world where for a lot of people struggle beyond belief just to exist with little complaint.
> Get a fecking grip man!

He doesn't look for problems; he simply wants to ensure that EVERYONE knows where he's going, where he is and where he's been.
Removed User 22 Nov 2012
In reply to mypyrex:

Several years ago I flew out of a very poor country, where I too had to buy a cheap mobile, when I came leave it stil had credit. When I had checked in I gave the mobile to the first cleaner that I met. Seemed like a good thing to do.
 Wyddfa 22 Nov 2012
In reply to mypyrex:

touché
hahaha
OP mypyrex 22 Nov 2012
In reply to David Best: The solution is in your hands. If you feel that way about what others post then do what I (and no doubt others) do and ignore them. The choice is yours.
nonymouse 25 Nov 2012
In reply to David Best: i doent know myprex and have never met him but what you hav said in this post are quite offensive and i think they were uncalled for. Has he ever neen offensive to you.
 Blue Straggler 25 Nov 2012
In reply to David Best:
>
> I think you look for problems.

I think you are right! Whilst I would quite take your brusque and nasty approach to this thread, all your points are pretty valid.
 Brass Nipples 25 Nov 2012
In reply to mypyrex:

Get a uk payg sim and use it as a hill phone. We all buy phones in our name, and we all get rid of them after a while. Do you worry about uk landline phones you've bought in the past and no longer have. What if they have fallen into the wrong hands and are being used to mis sell ppi?
 TobyA 25 Nov 2012
In reply to mypyrex: I'd just hang on to it as a burner for when you need re-up or put a hit out on someone.
 Jacob Ram 25 Nov 2012
In reply to nonymouse: Errr he called me a Dickhead , which is very diffent to pointing out he should get a life as I did. You are posting anonymousely, I am not , and my post was bought on by Mypyrexs continual posting tripe.He has made posts in the past which I have considered mysogenistic , racist and generaly attention seeking.
Yes , I was harsh, but this is UKC , home to bickering/slagging /general unpleasantness, oh and poor spelling /puntuation.
Really all I can say is ....whatever

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...