UKC

Recommend waterproof MTB shorts

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Flinticus 22 Nov 2012
I have an old pair of Karrimor epic shorts but am now back to experiencing the wet arse winter syndrome on my commute to work.

Anyone recommend waterproof shorts?
 Ian Patterson 22 Nov 2012
In reply to Flinticus:

Depends whether you're looking for full wet weather waterproof shorts or something to keep you backside dry in wet conditions underwheel. If the latter then I'm a big fan of my altura semi-dry shorts, feel pretty much like wearing normal shorts but keep you much drier. I wear them mountain biking in all but completely dry conditions.
 lost1977 22 Nov 2012
In reply to Flinticus:

have you considered a rear mudguard instead ?
OP Flinticus 22 Nov 2012
In reply to muppetfilter:
Yellow vinyl is grand if its a limited edition pressing but...

Thanks. Have got those Endura shorts. Hopefully no more wet pants.
OP Flinticus 22 Nov 2012
In reply to lost1977:
Already have that but still, on a day like today, got soaked.
 ShoePolice 22 Nov 2012
Waterproof shorts seem a wee bit pointless to me. Just go for full trousers, eg (bargain?)

http://www.fieldandtrek.com/muddyfox-waterproof-trousers-mens-635085
OP Flinticus 22 Nov 2012
In reply to ShoePolice:
A bargain but shorts for me, thank you.

Shorts you can wear in cold and warm weather & have more freedom of movement whereas trousers would be too hot. Probably breathability issues.
 mike123 22 Nov 2012
In reply to ShoePolice: your bargain + my very technical pair of kitchen scissors. hey presto. bargain shorts.
 mike123 22 Nov 2012
In reply to mike123: just ordered. snip. snip
 Brass Nipples 22 Nov 2012
In reply to Flinticus:

These http://www.bikeradar.com/mtb/gear/category/clothing/shorts/baggy/product/re...

When I bought I thought they might be a little pointless. But they are ideal for wet commutes / rides. I don't mind wet legs out on bike, but a wet bum, miserable. Like you long waterproof trousers too warm and not brilliant for cycling unless you ride really slowly.
 mikehike 23 Nov 2012
In reply to mike123:
I cut down a oldish pair of taped seam waterproof walking pants, into knee length shorts. They roll up and fit my saddle bag. Work well for downpours
 CarolineMc 23 Nov 2012
In reply to Flinticus: I also have a pair of cut-off waterproof trousers! I couldn't get a pair of lady's fit cycling ones, the men's didn't fit very well so I figured I might as well try it. Got a £20 pair of walking overtrousers and cut them with the kitchen scissors. They have an easy pull on elastic waist and 2 zipped waterproof pockets. Ideal!! Do it! Co:

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...