UKC

Winter Climbing Partner Wanted

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 xplorer 25 Nov 2012
This will be my first season winter climbing.

Looking to get up to the lakes and maybe scotland, for some easy grade I and II.

Competant trad climber, and have everything I need.

Thinking of heading to the lakes in december to try afew easy gullies if conditions allow? Obviously early for the lakes, but you never know.

I'm from manchester, 27, and keen to get out as much as possible for winter, trad, scrambleing and walking
 Matt Reed 26 Nov 2012
In reply to xplorer: I was going to offer but have been watching you dig a hole on the "near miss bikelist" thread - and crikey, you really do seem to be a fool. Accidents nearly always happen because someone makes an avoidable mistake. The OP was asking for advice on a specific cycling issue and you waded in with nonsensical rubbish, demonstrated a lack of care and an ignorance of risk management. No wonder no one is offering to climb with you. Try winding your neck in and not being a dick and then maybe, just maybe you might find someone to climb with.
All the best,
Matt
 tim000 26 Nov 2012
In reply to xplorer: im up for it . but only if we can cycle there . dont fancy getting in a car with you
OP xplorer 26 Nov 2012
Here we go the UKC Rebels are here.

I wondered when you would show up!

And if you have a quick look at the thread mark has posted. I'm sure you will see that plenty of people agree.

I'm sure you two aren't cyclists though.......
OP xplorer 26 Nov 2012
In reply to MR1969:

Just to clear things up.

I posted on another thread, about a guy who was NEARLY hit on his bike.

I merely stated that he should forget about it and stop getting angry at silly little accidents (that didn't happen)

And just so you know MR1969's comments are not biased towards cyclists at all. He's only a cycling instructor.

RichardP 27 Nov 2012
In reply to xplorer:

I'm based in Leigh,
I've been away from climbing for about 10 years and like you I'm looking for a climbing partner.
is there any reason why you don't want to climb in N.Wales?

Richard
 Matt Reed 27 Nov 2012
In reply to xplorer:
> (In reply to MR1969)
>
> And just so you know MR1969's comments are not biased towards cyclists at all. He's only a cycling instructor.

Is this a euphemism that I'm not familiar with or just a lie? I've done a lot stuff but never taught anyone how to ride a bike.

JanBella 27 Nov 2012
In reply to xplorer: hey. I live in central lakes and i'm always keen to get out give me you're shout if you heading up
OP xplorer 27 Nov 2012
In reply to xplorer:

Thanks for all the offers everyone, I will keep in contact and let you know of any plans I've got, and vice versa if you don't mind.

Thanks again
 tim000 27 Nov 2012
In reply to xplorer: my previous post was a feeble attempt at light hearted banter. im in cheshire and might be up for some easy winter stuff . tim.
 RichardP 27 Nov 2012
In reply to tim000:
It would seem that there are four of us in a similar area who want to climb a similar grade

If the winter condutions do come into play we all could get some climbing in
OP xplorer 27 Nov 2012
In reply to tim000:

Sounds good mate.

Keep me updated, think I may go up to the lakes next fri for the weekend. Hopefully some gullies maybe in?
OP xplorer 27 Nov 2012
In reply to Richard Phelan:

Yea good, four of us may open up afew more options
 RichardP 30 Nov 2012
In reply to xplorer:

It would appear that conditions aren't in this weekend, lets see if things are going tom inprove this week
 mattjohnson1 04 Dec 2012
In reply to xplorer: I seem to be in a similar position to you mate, been climbing for a year and keen to get some winter experience in! Tend to be free for week/ 2 week blocks at a time so give us a shout/ text when you're free, same goes to anyone looking to gets some low level winter stuff in! 07896890401
Cheers,
Matt

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...