UKC

insanity workout

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
kev74 26 Nov 2012
So im unable to climb at the momment so i decided to try the insanity workout if youve seen the infomercial youll know what it is. And my core strength has gone through the roof im now busting out perfect front levers wehich is new im also able to do straight leg raises which i couldnt do before due to a lowerback pain. I dont know how it will affect my climbing as itll be another couple of monthe before i can test it.
weakdave 26 Nov 2012
In reply to kev74: How long were you doing the Insanity programme for and what was your fitness level prior to starting it?
kev74 26 Nov 2012
In reply to weakdave: Its supposed to take 2 months but i finished it in 1 month i did a workout on the rest and recovery days and sometimes 2 in 1 day. Its less than an hour a day the workouts are tough the first few took about 2 hours with all the pausing and restarting through exaustion. My fitness levels were preety low through illness but now im running again i lost my gut got my abs back i got a some nice lean muscle mass on my chest/shoulders/back and legs its been amazing for me.
Banj 29 Nov 2012
In reply to kev74: I'm not someone who likes exercise for its own sake. I'd rather ride a mountain bike through a 100 miles of mud than ride an exercise bike for 5 minutes, rather play any sport than go to the gym, rather take the dog out for hours and miles than jog solo for half a mile, I stay in shape by chasing my dog through Epping Forest on my bike and climbing when I can. The daily 1 hour power walk probably helps too.

but ...

My wife likes to work out and I recently kept her company through a cycle of P90X, she had considered Insanity as well but it looked a bit high-impact and too many years of hurdling in her youth have left her careful of knees and ankles. I was already in decent shape before we started but after the 90 days, the most profound effect on me was flexibility and core stability. There was a yoga component to the workout that made me whimper but I think this was where the best gains came from. I'm actually thinking of doing another 90 day cycle just to improve my climbing ...
 Kelcat 29 Nov 2012
In reply to Banj: I've got to echo this. My core gains off p90x were fantastic and the reduction in bodyfat percentage was much appreciated by my climbing
 snoop6060 29 Nov 2012
In reply to kev74:

Doing 2 of them workouts in one day is impressive if you were giving it your all. The second half of it is absolutely brutal.
 bigpad 29 Nov 2012
In reply to kev74: where can this be found?
 snoop6060 30 Nov 2012
In reply to bigpad:

Search google, there tons of stuff on it.

Its about £120 on amazon. It can be got for "cheaper" elsewhere.
kev74 30 Nov 2012
In reply to snoop6060: yes i got it "cheaper" i was also considering p90x as i cant climb for a while it seems a more well rounded routine as im looking to improve my flexibility.
 ollieollie 30 Nov 2012
In reply to kev74: or just become a bricklayer on price work, works wonders and you get paid
 snoop6060 30 Nov 2012
In reply to kev74:

I looked at p90x, as insanity is too much if Im climbing 4 days a week. But you need some bits and bobs for p90x I think. At least you dont with insanity, but turning up to a climbing session already pumped is not going to improve my climbing much!
Banj 30 Nov 2012
In reply to snoop6060:
> (In reply to kev74)
>
> But you need some bits and bobs for p90x I think.

Yeah, for P90x, you need a yoga mat, and some dumbbells or elastic bands, I also installed a chin-up bar. . . P90x2 is weird, lots of Swiss ball and medicine ball work, I prefer the original but the Ab-ripper component of the new one is definitely better
ice.solo 30 Nov 2012
In reply to ollieollie:
> (In reply to kev74) or just become a bricklayer on price work, works wonders and you get paid

this.

construction work somewhere cold is far more realistic than time in the gym. worked for generations of good climbers who were kidding themselves about serious results.

Philo22 06 Dec 2012
In reply to snoop6060: Any rumors as to where this 'cheaper' edition may be? (hypothetically of course).
 BGG 08 Dec 2012
In reply to kev74:

just started doing it on non-climbing days. it's hard, much more intense than p90x though workouts are shorter.

it can be got "cheaper" by checking google shopping. bizarrely it's also actually cheaper in argos than it is on amazon (£90 at argos).
 ThunderCat 08 Dec 2012
In reply to Philo22:

pm'd you.
 wushu 08 Dec 2012
In reply to Philo22:
> (In reply to snoop6060) Any rumors as to where this 'cheaper' edition may be? (hypothetically of course).

If you manage to get any info, could you let me know as well?
 snoop6060 09 Dec 2012
In reply to wushu:

Cannot really post anything on here.

Ahoy matey is all I will say.
 krank 10 Dec 2012
In reply to wushu: #

pirate bay
 Durbs 11 Dec 2012
In reply to kev74:

Likewise just stated it - want to lose some weight, tone up and generally get some cardio work done as I rarely do anything which raises a sweat.

Realistically I won't be able to do the 6 days a week actual program, but will do it on any free evening and see what happens.

Did the fit test on Sunday, still a bit stiff around the thighs and back of the knees (and feet... maybe shouldn't do it barefoot?)

Quite psyched to see if it makes a difference
 Durbs 11 Dec 2012
In reply to krank:

I'll tell you in a Bit, or I'll get a Torrent of a abuse...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...