UKC

Christmas wrapping - stop the madness

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 iksander 26 Nov 2012
Any idea where I can get a few dozen half decent gift bags of varied size and design?

I can't do another all-nighter wrapping on Christmas eve... please, please help me
 Tall Clare 26 Nov 2012
In reply to iksander:

Paperchase is your friend. Hopefully your friends/family will reuse the bags too!
OP iksander 26 Nov 2012
In reply to Tall Clare: Thanks TC - Paperchase is *lovely* (wife and kids are addicted) but rather pricey... maybe I could just give them a bag?
 alexcollins123 26 Nov 2012
In reply to iksander: Tesco do some nice bags in two different sizes. Reusable, biodegradable. What more do you want?
 Clarence 26 Nov 2012
In reply to iksander:

Rymans are cheaper for gift bags. I keep a fair stock and re-use them as many times as is practical. This does involve some subterfuge to retrieve the bags at times.
In reply to iksander:

Surely there's some kind of spray-on wrapping paper available these days? What are these so-called "scientists" doing all day if they're not inventing stuff we need? Arguing about God?
 tim000 26 Nov 2012
In reply to iksander: someone had to do it

youtube.com/watch?v=6Jy4X87fDk4&
OP iksander 26 Nov 2012
In reply to tim000: Wicked, love that tune!
 Ciro 26 Nov 2012
In reply to iksander:

Just tell them you've come to the conclusion that disposable wrapping for gifts is ecologically unsound, so to save the planet you're going to put them in pillow cases from the airing cupboard.
OP iksander 26 Nov 2012
In reply to Turdus torquatus: Hmmm I like your thinking, or maybe I could just scarp wrapping and buy everyone in my family a pair of these? http://www.comparestoreprices.co.uk/images/ch/christmas-glasses.jpg
Wonko The Sane 26 Nov 2012
In reply to iksander: The white shop. They also sell some lovely linen wrapping paper too.
Sarah G 26 Nov 2012
In reply to iksander:
Pound shops. Seriously!
 verygneiss 26 Nov 2012
In reply to iksander:

I use newspapers which are going to be recycled anyway, or one of the many rolls of unbleached brown paper lying about my loft. Much easier to recycle than glittery stuff.
 Brass Nipples 26 Nov 2012
In reply to iksander:

My brother wrapped presents in the freebie newspapers one year. No one really minded.
 Clarence 27 Nov 2012
In reply to iksander:
> (In reply to Turdus torquatus) Hmmm I like your thinking, or maybe I could just scarp wrapping and buy everyone in my family a pair of these? http://www.comparestoreprices.co.uk/images/ch/christmas-glasses.jpg

When I bought my father a shedload of airfix kits for christmas I wasn't going to wrap them individually so I got there early to lay them out in his workshop and popped a wrapping paper hood on him just before leading him through the door. The effect was the same and it must have saved at least three or four rolls of paper.
 Kimono 27 Nov 2012
In reply to iksander:
UKC turns into Readers Digest

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...