UKC

walking poles/bust ankle

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Jones_88 28 Nov 2012
I stretched some ligament in my ankle about 3 weeks ago and whilst it isn't getting any worse it is restricting me a bit so for the walk ins this winter in Scotland I was going to spend a few quid and get some walking poles at the risk of looking like an old man so I can take a bit of weight off my ankle and hopefully not damage it further.

Any reccomendations for cheap or reasonably priced poles that will stand up to some Stottish conditions and possibly some alpine plodding next year if I find they actually come in usefull.

Thanks

Oh im 5 foot 6 if that makes any difference
In reply to Jones_88: I got a pair of Black Diamond poles, with a 'flick lock' rather than the usual twist lock that most cheaper poles have. I found the twist locks had a habbit of freezing up, or jamming somehow once open, meaning that you can't collapse the pole when you need to put it away(not good).
That's my only advice! Think Go Outdoors in Saltney had some good price flick lock Leki poles
 JohnnyW 28 Nov 2012
In reply to carrot_boy (North East Wales MC):

BD Flicklocks as the man said. I always walk-in with poles, and especially need them on the way out, as I am old(er!)
I have had cheap ones, waste of time, and expensive twisty ones, again, no good after a while.
 GeoffRadcliffe 28 Nov 2012
In reply to Jones_88: BD Flicklocks are good. I've had a few cheapish twist-lock poles and they have all had problems with the locking system.
Pennine 28 Nov 2012
In reply to Jones_88: Another BD Flicklock user here. Didn't like the screw type so bought these about 18 months ago.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...