UKC

Recomend me a route. (Glasgow based.)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 aldo56 28 Nov 2012
Looking for a recommendation of an Grade I or II winter walk/climb for this weekend?

We're based in Glasgow and, due to the short hours of light just now, would prefer to not go too far. (Glen Coe or closer would be ideal.) Conditions look good underfoot and the forecast is also top notch.
 bob-e 28 Nov 2012
In reply to aldo56:

option 1.

If the forecast is that good, and possibly good conditions underfoot set the alarm earlier, and make sure the headtorch has good batteries in it. it will be WELL worth it.

option 2. choose from below.

Round of Coire Ghaothach on Ben Lui, up left hand ridge and down right hand side, (grade 0.5).

East Ridge of Stob Bhan (Beinn a Bheither) above Ballachulish. (grade 1ish)

Or Sron na Lairig in Glencoe (grade II), with descent along the Beinn Fhada ridge.

Curved Ridge in Glencoe (II/III).

Aonach Eagach (II/III). May require an early start also.

option 3.

pick any other hill, follow your nose and find an interesting way up it.
 Taurig 28 Nov 2012
In reply to aldo56:

Second Ben Lui, it will be cracking if the weather is good, but get up early cos the walk in is fairly long and feels twice the distance on the way back.
OP aldo56 28 Nov 2012
In reply to aldo56: Good suggestions Bob! I'll look into these in some more detail. Anymore real good ones?
 Joak 28 Nov 2012
In reply to aldo56: Sron na Criese ridge I/II depending on line taken then continue over Meall a Bhuirdih is a rerr day. Ben Starav and Ghlass Bheinn Mhor under snow gives a good winter walking day away from the crowds. Excuse spelling, tapping this oan ma phone when I should be working!!
 daWalt 28 Nov 2012
In reply to aldo56:
> Looking for a recommendation of an Grade I or II winter walk/climb for this weekend?

Grade II walk? nice phraseology....
http://www.scottishwinterroutes.co.uk/
OP aldo56 28 Nov 2012
In reply to daWalt: Grade 1 is almost a walk to be fair!
OP aldo56 03 Dec 2012
OP aldo56 14 Dec 2012
In reply to aldo56: I think we're going to go for a wee jaunt up Sron na Lairig tomorrow, anyone been up there this week?
 Euge 14 Dec 2012
In reply to aldo56:
> Looking for a recommendation of an Grade I or II winter walk/climb for this weekend?
>
> We're based in Glasgow and, due to the short hours of light just now, would prefer to not go too far. (Glen Coe or closer would be ideal.) Conditions look good underfoot and the forecast is also top notch.

This has to be a Joke right!!!!
Don't want to go to far, short hours of daylight!!!

Get the feck out of bed!!!!

E

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...