UKC

Compact with a viewfinder

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 GridNorth 28 Nov 2012
Can anyone recommend me a good, not too expensive compact that has a view finder. The only one I can find is the Canon A1300. The combination of sun and snow makes an LCD screen totally useless.

John
Removed User 28 Nov 2012
In reply to GridNorth:
Budget?
Wiley Coyote2 28 Nov 2012
In reply to GridNorth:

When I was looking last Christmas I was told that, like for like, a viewfinder added about £40+ to the overall cost of the camera, which seemed a lot of money for a little bit of glass so I put the extra cash into the electronics but I know what you mean about the probs of using a screen in sunlight. It's such a common gripe I can't help thinking that if it were easy (or cheap) to solve every compact camera would have one.
OP GridNorth 28 Nov 2012
In reply to Removed User:
> (In reply to Removed UserGridNorth)
> Budget?

Less than £200 but preferably less than £120.
 John Ww 28 Nov 2012
In reply to GridNorth:

See if you can pick up an older model Canon Ixus - metal body, indestructible, and perfect for snow/bright sunshine conditions when an optical viewfinder is pretty much essential (unless you are very good at "point and guess" photography).

HTH, JW
 rif 28 Nov 2012
In reply to GridNorth:
I bought an A1300 last winter for precisely this reason and am quite impressed by it for the price.
OP GridNorth 01 Dec 2012
In reply to GridNorth: Thanks everyone. I ended up buying the Canon A1300. It seems OK for £74 although it is a little on the flimsy side.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...