UKC

Crib Goch this Friday

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Tony the Blade 28 Nov 2012
Hi all,

Anyone in N Wales care to let me know the conditions on Snowdon?

I have a spare few hours and was considering a quick jaunt over CG, will I need axe and crampons or is it fairly snow/ice free?

Cheers me dears.
 tobykeep 28 Nov 2012
In reply to Tony the Blade:

v snowy at the moment. looks lovely.
In reply to tobykeep:
> (In reply to Tony the Blade)
>
> v snowy at the moment. looks lovely.

Ooo great - just what I wanted to hear

Thanks
In reply to Tony the Blade:

Come on Tony, check before posting! You knobhead!

http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?n=528771&v=1
 Banned User 77 28 Nov 2012
In reply to Tony the Blade: Check Rob Johnsons blog.. he was up there yesterday, looks snowy..
In reply to IainRUK:
> (In reply to Tony the Blade) Check Rob Johnsons blog.. he was up there yesterday, looks snowy..

I'll take a look, can't access it at work.

Given the conditions forecasted, I think I'k run up Pyg and return via Miners (or visa versa)

Iain, any top tips on this would be most welcome as I'm running alone.

Cheers muchly
In reply to Tony the Blade: If you want to avoid the snow..

Moel Eilio? Run up from llanberis, up past the YHA, at the top of the road turn right on a farm track/b'way, follow that along to another road which takes you up to bwlch y groes, branch off and climb Eilio.. along to Foel Goch and down maesgwm, or up Cynghorion.. false summits beware.. and if safe plummit off directly down towards llanberis.. or drop down to bwlch brynnog and follow a minor trod around to the bunkhouse and then back to llanberis..

Miners/pyg always a nice circuit though..

Otherwise Nantlle ridge, there's a lovely 6 miler from Pont Caer gors, follow forest trails into the main cwm, take the bridleway up towards cwm pennant, at the bwlch follow minor trods along the ridge to climb to nantlle ridge, then turn right and follow the ridge back to Garn.. snow level at the moment may be just above those summits.. descend directly back towards the forest, not the usual path, and back along forest trails to the start. Park at the road entrance.. just by the railway.

Other one,.. my favourite hill.. mynydd mawr from rhyd Ddu, through the forest, climb to the ridge and climb up to the summit.. and back.. stunning views.

lastly Moelwyns from Croesor.. plenty of circuits...
In reply to IainRUK:

Oh wow, many thanks

Plenty to ponder in front of my o/s tonight.

I don't mind snow, but just didn't fancy the ridge.

Cheers
In reply to Tony the Blade: Carneddau often gets more and looking at Crows pick a high level circuit from ogwen would be lovely.. up the east ridge of PYOW.. around to CD and CL then down towards PYHD and PYLW and come off when you feel you've had enough.. and back down the old A5.. just watch it at the nasty nose as you descend, its easy but could be tricky if all frozen.. it'll be close to the snow line..

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...