UKC

Haglofs Barrier 2 Hood, Rab Photon or Montane Flux

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Kid Spatula 28 Nov 2012
Help me decide between these please!

Priority is warmth, then compatibility with a lid, then does it look crappy.

I'm stuck
 crustypunkuk 28 Nov 2012
In reply to Kid Spatula:
I'll sell you my Haglofs barrier hood if you want? warm enough to me sweat on cold days walking the dog, showerproof- but only shower proof, and a hood that takes a helmet with a nice range of adjustment. Good condition with no damage and yours for £50 including postage?
OP Kid Spatula 28 Nov 2012
In reply to Kid Spatula:

cheers for the offer, but its a Christmas pressie off my parents. You selling it isn't the best advert for me buying one :P
 climber34neil 28 Nov 2012
In reply to Kid Spatula: the montane flux, defo!! I have one and its mega warm for its weight and looks way cool in my opinion , seriously though I think it's the best combination of warmth without bulk and if like me you are a generally warm person then it will plenty for the coldest of days out, also I really like the look and feel of it, it's a quality product!
 crustypunkuk 28 Nov 2012
In reply to Kid Spatula:
no worries dude! I've been offered an alternative, so i thought i'd offer. I would definitely recommend the Barrier though- versatile and very warm.
 biscuit 28 Nov 2012
In reply to Kid Spatula:

I loved the fit of the Haglofs and bought it as a winter belay jacket. It did 1 season and then became a cragging jacket as the insulation lost its loft and i've had to stitch the seams across the chest and the pockets a couple of times. Still got the best hood i've come across for me though.

It also lost its water repellency quickly.

Before anyone says i'm not superhard on my kit and i know how to wash/store jackets like this.

I don't think mine was a barrier 2 though maybe a barrier 1.
 biscuit 28 Nov 2012
In reply to biscuit:

http://www.ldmountaincentre.com/walk-hike-c1/clothing-c2/down-insulated-jac...

This is mine i think so it is a different model. More expensive though so should be better you would think.
 crustypunkuk 28 Nov 2012
In reply to biscuit:
So not a fan then?
 biscuit 29 Nov 2012
In reply to crustypunkuk:

I liked it.

It was warm.

It fitted really well.

It packed down small and was light.

It just didn't last long.
 peas65 29 Nov 2012
In reply to Kid Spatula:

I have the barrier hood, its amazing. over 2 years old, i wear it about 200 days a year as i work outside and its still going strong. Its warmer than other jackets i have tried and the fit is good. Massive hood has a drawstrong so when your not wearing a helmet it doesnt blow around in the wind.

I have washed mine about 20 times and other than 1 non working zip its a great jacket.

My partner has the photon, its also warm but a much bigger fit, he has a small and its still pretty big, the hood is big but it just flaps in the wind when not wearing a helmet. Sleeves are dead long so good for apes

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...