UKC

Rab Vapour Rise jacket as a casual jacket

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 dontfollowme 28 Nov 2012
Would it work as above for wearing to work/out and about?
 crustypunkuk 28 Nov 2012
In reply to dontfollowme:
Who's permission do you need? Wear what you want, not what someone else might see as appropriate!
Having said that, why not- the vr isn't exactly super ridiculous looking by any means!

It looks fine and is light and semi-waterproof but I find the sleeves are narrow and they catch on anything long sleeved you put underneath. Less technical fleeces and casual jackets slip on and off much easier.
 freerangecat 28 Nov 2012
In reply to tom_in_edinburgh:
> (In reply to dontfollowme)
>
> It looks fine and is light and semi-waterproof but I find the sleeves are narrow and they catch on anything long sleeved you put underneath. Less technical fleeces and casual jackets slip on and off much easier.

I'd also add that you can't really layer under it - I found it worked best with just a baselayer underneath (varying the thickness depending on the season) which limits it's use as a casual jacket. I do think it's a great bit of kit though!
 beth_may 29 Nov 2012

I love my vapour rise. Works just as well as a casual jacket as it does on the hill.
It is a bit of a squeeze to get a big jumper under it though.
 R Brown 29 Nov 2012

I use my vapour rise all the time, cycling to work, on the hill and around town. As other posters have mentioned layering is a litte tight with anything other than a thin micro fleece due to the loose lining of the jacket but it works well on breezy days out in town.
 Fraser 29 Nov 2012

I do, but as the pockets are located quite high up, you can't really use them as hand-warmer pockets, which to me is a notable disadvantage. That's the only down-side IMO. It's warm enough, windproof and light, so retains good arm mobility etc. Foldable hood too.
 JoshOsh 30 Nov 2012

It's not suitable for a casual jacket. Rab have installed a tracking device that detonates if you're not near a hill.

Seriously though, it would probably be fine although it's a bit overkill for use around town. Sometimes less technical jackets are better for casual wear, as the fit is more relaxed. As the jacket is designed for active use it won't be that warm either.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...