UKC

The weekend looms - what thrills await?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Tall Clare 30 Nov 2012
A cold, crisp weekend is looming - what thrills await you?
 The Lemming 30 Nov 2012
In reply to Tall Clare:

Work. Yay.
 Rollo 30 Nov 2012
In reply to Tall Clare:

First ever experience of Scottish Winter climbing!

Looked a right sight on the train this morning in suit and ice boots

Gazlynn 30 Nov 2012
In reply to Tall Clare:

I went for an operation to get screws and stuff taken out of my ankle last week.

So as predicted conditions now improving so most of my mates going climbing just to rub it in even more.

A weekend of cleaning the house is long overdue. I have also got an added incentive as I have just found out my Mums coming to stay over Christmas. Magic

cheers

Gaz
 AdrianC 30 Nov 2012
In reply to Tall Clare: Some running, some packing and a long series of flights to South Carolina. You?
OP Tall Clare 30 Nov 2012
In reply to AdrianC:

Apparently we're off to the seaside. I've been told to pack a bucket and spade, though I feel that may be a little optimistic.

In reply to Tall Clare:

Babysitting and dog sitting aaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllllllllllll weekend.
Pinged 30 Nov 2012
In reply to Tall Clare:

Tomorrow Im torn between joinging some mates to walk up bowfell/crinkle crags OR doing my gear shopping for a trip to Scotland (Gairloch) over New Year. Sunday I'll be on Stanage from 8am!

Edradour 30 Nov 2012
In reply to Tall Clare:

I have an exciting weekend of box sets and idling about. Being injured is rubbish.
 Edradour 30 Nov 2012
In reply to Pinged:
> (In reply to Tall Clare)
>
> Tomorrow Im torn between joinging some mates to walk up bowfell/crinkle crags OR doing my gear shopping for a trip to Scotland (Gairloch) over New Year.

Definitely go for the walk if conditions are good. You can shop when it's pissing down!
 SGD 30 Nov 2012
In reply to Gazlynn: I feel your pain... I'm scheduled for an OP on monday and was contemplating getting out this weekend but the thought of injuring myself in another area and therefore jeopardising the surgery is putting me off...

AdrianC 30 Nov 2012
In reply to Tall Clare: You might need them. There could be penguins.
 David Riley 30 Nov 2012
In reply to Tall Clare:

Running club Christmas party then cross country race in the morning.
Then triathlon Christmas party and cross country race in the morning.
For me these are not compatible.
 jonnie3430 30 Nov 2012
In reply to Tall Clare:

The first winter weekend on the Ben, wondering if there'll be much ice and neve or will it be mixed.
 lost1977 30 Nov 2012
In reply to Tall Clare:

1 weights session in the gym
2 turbo trainer sessions
and 1 friend arriving from Bristol
 owlart 30 Nov 2012
In reply to Tall Clare: Work on Saturday, then I get to take a friend christmas shopping in Chichester on Sunday, oh the joy!
 Sherlock 30 Nov 2012
In reply to Tall Clare:
Looks good for Brin boulders tomorrow and then Torridon on Sunday if I've got any skin left.And my back is feeling better than it has for months
In reply to AdrianC:

True. Are you thinking I should be aiming to bury the penguins in the sand, or building fortresses for them to protect the east coast against marauding invaders of the polar bear variety?
 Run_Ross_Run 30 Nov 2012
In reply to Tall Clare:

Might Contain Nuts Mountain Marathon in the Brecon Beacons.

My 1st marathon and hopefully not the last.

Oh, and mud; lots of mud.
In reply to Darren09:

Good luck with that!
 Flinticus 30 Nov 2012
In reply to Tall Clare:
Saturday: some time at the wall
Sunday: up to a moderate hill (Beinn Donachain) near Ben Lui for a nice walk with the dog among the frozen lochans. All part of my re-introduction to walking since my own ankle break in September.
Wonko The Sane 30 Nov 2012
In reply to Tall Clare: I'm in a really shite mood, so if there are slots, I'm going to pauper myself by going flying as much as I can book. Cheers me up no end.
 ebygomm 30 Nov 2012
In reply to Tall Clare:

Swimming, biking, crocheting, sewing - not necessarily in that order
 hokkyokusei 30 Nov 2012
In reply to Tall Clare:

Moving house. Get keys today, move in tomorrow.
Wonko The Sane 30 Nov 2012
In reply to hokkyokusei:
>
> Moving house. Get keys today, move in tomorrow.

That's next weekend for me!
Bloody hate moving.
 JimboWizbo 30 Nov 2012
In reply to Tall Clare: Bit cold for us so we're going for a walk up and down Stanage with the dog rather than climbing, should be a lovely day frit
 Reach>Talent 30 Nov 2012
In reply to Tall Clare:
Taking gear for rock climbing, winter climbing and drowning to North Wales. Will probably end up ambling round a few gear shops and eating a large breakfast.
 Liam M 30 Nov 2012
In reply to Tall Clare: Out in the heady heights of Harrogate tonight.
Cross Country Relays tomorrow.
Velodrome tomorrow night to watch Vos v Armitstead.
Unknown Sunday.

Oh, and the first day of my Lego Star Wars Advent Calendar!
Pinged 30 Nov 2012
In reply to Reach>Talent:
> Taking gear for rock climbing, winter climbing and drowning to North Wales. Will probably end up ambling round a few gear shops and eating a large breakfast.

Hahaha, reminds me of Sunday morning in Hathersage.

Lots of poeple in very expensive, spanking new, brightly coloured alpine kit eating cakes in the cafe at Outside then going home!

cuppatea 30 Nov 2012
In reply to Liam M:

I'm in a and e again, Sprogs first ride in the yellow taxi this morning

The thought of Star Wars Lego Advent Calendars has chhered me up! I will have to look into that further!
 tlm 30 Nov 2012
In reply to Tall Clare:
> (In reply to AdrianC)
>
> Apparently we're off to the seaside. I've been told to pack a bucket and spade, though I feel that may be a little optimistic.

Maybe a bucket and an ice axe to hack through the frozen sand?

Lovely - winter walks by the crashing waves, low sunlight glittering. Sigh.

I'm singing christmas carols tonight in a shopping centre...

Timmd 30 Nov 2012
In reply to Tall Clare:Still bit washed out, b*stard flu jab shortly after virus!

Might go out in the sun though.
 LennyJ1 30 Nov 2012
In reply to Tall Clare: Climbing on saturday indoor and bouldering sunday outdoor.
 Mikkel 30 Nov 2012
In reply to Tall Clare:

Mountainbiking and playing with my new Gopro camera on my model airplanes.
 Horse 30 Nov 2012
In reply to Tall Clare:

Off to HQ to watch England hammer New Zealand, unfortunately before the women's game I have to watch the men get roundly thrashed by McCaw and his mates.

Sunday may be on a mountain bike at Cannock.
 PontiusPirate 30 Nov 2012
In reply to Tall Clare:

Saturday - watching the perfect grit conditions from the inside of the BMC National Council meeting - which goes on all day. Ok, ok, I volunteered so I shouldn't grumble. Hoep to get outside and finally have a pop at taking some star trails in the evening.

Sunday - freedom and probably Peak bouldering with various Sheffield 'usual suspects'.

If I didn't have the NC, I'd be in either North Wales or the Lakes (probably the latter) having a snowy scramble with my camera - not much (other than hard mixed) sounds in climbable condition fro mthe variosu reports.

PP.

In reply to Tall Clare:

Beers at the Clachaig tonight.

A quick blast on a couple of multi-pitch routes at Polldubh tomorrow morning (dependant on how many beers i have tonight!)

Sleeping up the top of something on Saturday night to try and get some nice sunset/sunrise pics given the decent weather we seem to be having.
 Boulderdash86 30 Nov 2012
In reply to Tall Clare: Walking in Brecon Beacons...should be nice and crisp
 Wainers44 30 Nov 2012
In reply to Tall Clare: Sucker for punishment...."Clip and Climb" with 30 nutty Scouts tonight followed by a trip to go ice skating at the Eden Project on Sunday. Roll on monday!!!!!
 bluebealach 30 Nov 2012
In reply to Tall Clare: Final Wainwright on Saturday, then back to planning my remaining Munros on Sunday!!
 the power 30 Nov 2012
In reply to Tall Clare: climbing some eastern grit if I can find a partner ? http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=529294
aligibb 30 Nov 2012
In reply to Tall Clare:

Wish it was the wend already and not sat in an over heated office!
Sat going to theatre in London, Sun, cycling the Olympic road bike route with an extra pair of gloves on, and not 8 laps of box hill!!!
 peas65 30 Nov 2012
In reply to Tall Clare:

Driving to Birmingham for a d of e assessors course and the working outside on sunday, wish i had it off.

Fingers crossed for good weather next week
 verygneiss 30 Nov 2012
In reply to Tall Clare:

Cairngorm should be opening tomorrow! Weeeeeeee!
 Banned User 77 30 Nov 2012
In reply to Tall Clare: Going for a long run... should take around 24 hrs.. starting.. forecast is pretty good.
In reply to IainRUK:

<shakes head>

Is it the Brecon one? Have, er, fun?

In reply to Tall Clare: no... this is just me and the hills.. solo.. unsupported.. a good bye to snowdonia.. only 2 people have ever done it so we'll see..
In reply to IainRUK:

Wow! Hope it goes well.
 Timmd 30 Nov 2012
In reply to IainRUK:

Stay safe etc, hope it's enjoyable.
In reply to Tall Clare: cheers, its looking a decent forecast.. we'll see...
 alooker 30 Nov 2012
In reply to Tall Clare: weekend of chilly grit!
 tim000 30 Nov 2012
In reply to Tall Clare: off to manchester velodrome sat night.
 Blue Straggler 30 Nov 2012
In reply to Tall Clare:

Mooching and pottering
 Cheese Monkey 30 Nov 2012
In reply to Tall Clare: Surfing tomorrow, stripping a motorbike in the evening, probably shunting a few routes Sunday afternoon, maybe Sheepstor.
 Mooncat 30 Nov 2012
In reply to Tall Clare:

No playing out chez Mooncat, 2 court cases for me next week so too much stuff to prepare.
 Dax H 30 Nov 2012
In reply to Tall Clare: I am looking forward to sunday, I have been invited to a muzzle loaders black powder target shoot.
 Pids 30 Nov 2012
In reply to Tall Clare:
Sledging, lunch, swimming, drinking, supervising soft play, more drinking, eating food, then next day helping Santa feed his reindeer, and probably more sledging
 Skyfall 30 Nov 2012
In reply to IainRUK:

> a good bye to snowdonia..

Where are you off to? Back to NZ?
 Oceanrower 30 Nov 2012
In reply to Horse:
>
> Off to HQ to watch England hammer New Zealand, unfortunately before the women's game I have to watch the men get roundly thrashed by McCaw and his mates.
>
> Sunday may be on a mountain bike at Cannock.

Me too. Unexpectedly offered a ticket by my ever thoughtful boss, Steve, at White Spider Climbing.

(I think a ticket to Twickers is well worth a shameless plug )
 Chris Harris 01 Dec 2012
In reply to Horse:
>
> Off to HQ to watch England hammer New Zealand,

Likewise
 Ava Adore 01 Dec 2012
In reply to Tall Clare:

Trying to finish Christmas shopping (local shops and online and not much now to go). Paying my credit card bill (and delighting in the fact that I can pay it off this month). Booking my Christmas Day lunch. More films. Forcing 3 different kinds of pills down cat gullet. Oh I know how to live.
 Blue Straggler 01 Dec 2012
In reply to Ava Adore:
>
> More films.

What are you watching ? Come and see lawrence of Arabia at Stratford upon Avon Picture House tomorrow
 Ava Adore 01 Dec 2012
In reply to Blue Straggler:

Ultraviolet and the new Spiderman.

Would have loved to but back can't sit that long and cinema audiences don't take kindly to people getting up and wandering about. Enjoy.
 Caralynh 01 Dec 2012
In reply to Tall Clare:

Last night I was working
Tonight I am drinking wine and falling asleep
Tomorrow we are doing some present shopping since I'm doing the run down to the Welsh relatives next week and won't be down again before Christmas.
Tomorrow will also involve beer, roast dinner and wine!

Ooh, and we are sorting out an Andes trip too!
 earlsdonwhu 01 Dec 2012
In reply to Tall Clare: Enjoyed a day out at Twickers watching the All Blacks get a very rare stuffing. To make the day even better WHU stuff Chelsea too!
 Run_Ross_Run 01 Dec 2012
In reply to Darren09:
>
> Might Contain Nuts Mountain Marathon in the Brecon Beacons.
>
> My 1st marathon and hopefully not the last.
>
> Oh, and mud; lots of mud.

Cont......

Sunday:- Nurse the wounds.

Ben Watts 02 Dec 2012
In reply to Darren09: Skiing in Idre Fjall, Sweden.
 Blue Straggler 03 Dec 2012
In reply to Ava Adore:
> (In reply to Blue Straggler)
>
> Ultraviolet

The Milla Jovovich one with the great line from the bad guy "You got haemo blood on me. It is ON"....? Hope so. One of the silliest films ever.

> and the new Spiderman.

I hope you noted that the first hour was a total remake of Teen Wolf
>
 Ava Adore 03 Dec 2012
In reply to Blue Straggler:

Ultraviolet - I'd had it on the shelf for months. Glad I finally got around to wathcing it. Was fun.

Spiderman - You make a fair point there. Fell asleep partway through this so will be watching the rest of it later.
 Flinticus 03 Dec 2012
In reply to Tall Clare:
Well, my weekends plans all came together!
Saturday: good 2 hours at TCA, getting some hard (for me) problems done.
Sunday: walked Beinn Donachain with dog, Flint. Nice covering of snow over 500m. Flint walked across a frozen loch.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...